Search the forum,

Discuss Built in oven intermittent fault in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there.We have a Hotpoint electric oven that has started to go wrong.It has a digital display for setting functions,but over the last few months,when we turn the oven on,normally the fan comes on quite strong ,the digital display shows red bars as the heat builds to it required temp.What is happening now is that fan comes on,but seems to be with a softer? noise,then never comes up to temp.Sometimes it comes in straight away,other times never after numerous attempts.Other functions like the grill are still working properly,which has me baffled.Xould it be a faulty thermostat,or something to do with the digital control panel?Any help would be great

Hi there.We have a Hotpoint electric oven that has started to go wrong.It has a digital display for setting functions,but over the last few months,when we turn the oven on,normally the fan comes on quite strong ,the digital display shows red bars as the heat builds to it required temp.What is happening now is that fan comes on,but seems to be with a softer? noise,then never comes up to temp.Sometimes it comes in straight away,other times never after numerous attempts.Other functions like the grill are still working properly,which has me baffled.Xould it be a faulty thermostat,or something to do with the digital control panel?Any help would be great
how long have you had the oven? Could be that the heating element has blown. Which happens after a long period. Is everything ok on the electrical side at your consumer unit?

Some ovens it’s easy to replace the heating element. A lot just slot in like a toy train track. Some ovens easier than others to access. That’s the most knowledge on the subject i can give.

Reply to Built in oven intermittent fault in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net