Discuss 25mm t&e??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

brs73

-
Reaction score
hello there
i've been squabbling with my pal about two supplies we have to put in for somebody.
edf are putting in new meters and we have to supply 2x 2 bed flats
i reckon you have to run 2x 25mm swa cables to each flat. (very difficult route)
my mate reckons you can run a 25mm t&e to each one but i thought it had to be swa.
if you was to run t&e with a 63a rccb protecting it would it be acceptable.
the flats have recently been split into two and renovated but they only want to sort out the metering problem now.
the cable will be running through floor joists and ceilings and hopefully boxed in in places
any advice would be greatly appreciated
also could anybody direct me to the relevent regulation/guidance that clarifies this
thanks all
good luck

Last edited:
i was under the impression all sub mains needed to be swa.
i never thought t&e was permitted
the cables would be leaving an intake cupboard in a communal area ,they'd be boxed in until they rise up to the ceiling void.i'd say they they need either mechanical or rcd protection.

i was under the impression all sub mains needed to be swa.
i never thought t&e was permitted
the cables would be leaving an intake cupboard in a communal area ,they'd be boxed in until they rise up to the ceiling void.i'd say they they need either mechanical or rcd protection.
did'nt think you could get 25mm T/E

neither did i beaver
i've seen it but only in red/black what someone had in their garage and i asked me if i wanted it
handy if you're too tight to buy grommett strip!!

Treat the 25mm like any cable as in 'you way up the route' if it is prone to damage etc then consider swa, if not i see no reason why not as long as all the cable calcs ok.
Just remember because the earth in a t&e is been used by multiple circuits then you are required to run an additional earth with each t&e to bring the cpc csa equal or greater than the phase conductor.

just looked into split con,
i havent used it before
think i'll use that with an rccb protecting the cable
i've tried looking at pics but they're not very clear
is a 16mm earth incorporated inside the cable?

yes it is.

However you must treat it like T&E with regards to RCD protection etc

4175splitconc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 25mm t&e??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net