Currently reading:
3 wraps of tape ?????

Discuss 3 wraps of tape ????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daza1001

Doing some building & electrical work this week for a customer. Found live cables buried in wall. Told customer & they said they had paid another electrical contractor to remove these cables & that were previously connected to wall lights. Obvisally he removed wall lights & buried cable.
The customer contacted the previous contractor & he came back to see the problem.
He told me that the NICEIC allow connectors to be burried in the wall provided they have 3 wraps of insulating tape around the connectors. What bull ****. The mater was made worse by that he had not wraped the cables in insulating tape anyway.
What a plank! :snore:

3 wraps it is then!! insulation at its best..:)
edit.. saying that though I was taught that when installing meters that 5 wraps of tape around the tails was needed to make sure when they were pushed up the holes it would seal tight and stop people pushing cables up to tamper with them

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the NICEIC "Effing Good Practice Guide" at a mere £55 +vat, you will see they specify the use of NICEIC embossed tape which has special properties and therefore the install does not have to comply with the regs!

What rubbish!

How can 1 tape out preform another so much its exempt of regs????

Regs are regs and dont change from item to item

If I am wrong I will stand corrected and hold my hands up

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can still afford tape? Flipping 'eck, things must be good for some. My missus has been tearing the Sun up into strips for me.

Reply to 3 wraps of tape ????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock