Currently reading:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

Basics is an interesting marketing choice for a life saving piece of equipment. Do you get nectar points with them?

This is clearly someone who is tired of waiting around for the manufacturers to develop the nirvana of standard switchgear that you can mix and match.

Not sure about the type testing, but looks like it's actually coping quite well with the loads on an engineering level... almost impressive to take the time to do that rather than pop to Screwfix and pick up their cheapest board.

Basics is an interesting marketing choice for a life saving piece of equipment. Do you get nectar points with them?

This is clearly someone who is tired of waiting around for the manufacturers to develop the nirvana of standard switchgear that you can mix and match.

Not sure about the type testing, but looks like it's actually coping quite well with the loads on an engineering level... almost impressive to take the time to do that rather than pop to Screwfix and pick up their cheapest board.
seen worse cobble ups.

BS 1363 introduced 1947. round pin sockets and plugs phased out late 50's maybe early 60's for some. usually replaced on rewiring VIR cabling or to match the new fangled plugs available. at the time it was not usual for appliances to come with fitted plugs, so you fitted whatever suited your installation, or just stuffed the wires in the round holes with whatever suitable packing was available.

I had a 500mm lens with a 3x converter when I was a lot younger . I used to love to scan the moon . It stemmed back from my upbringing on a farm, especially in the winter nights in the days of the heavy snow searching for missing livestock.
We should an astrophotography group :) Neighbour and myself many years ago managed to take this photo of Jupiter - along with some of it's moons - using Dobsonian telescoped (pictured) with webcam attached and handheld tracked. So bunch of stacked images from webcam to get this.

Attachments

• Jupiter.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF4331.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 26

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock