Currently reading:
FIA Courses - emergency lighting course

Discuss FIA Courses - emergency lighting course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welchyboy

Anyone done the emergency lighting course yet, looks pretty good to me, just booked it up for the end of the month,

bit pricey for one day though,is it worth it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking of doing the course too. How was it?

I think this course was excellent, quite intensive, but if your allready a half decent spark when you have done it you will be able to confidently design, install and maintain emg lighting systems and also advise any clients on their needs

if your involved in small to medium sized commercial contracting this course is a must!

you also get a manual on the requirements which is good for future reference

i have now booked the fire alarm courses pts 1, 4, & 5 in august now too, they are quite expensive but in my opinion worth the cost and hopefully i will make the cost back in a few jobs

i looked into courses with other companies which were cheaper but the FIA and ICEL courses are the proper job and industry recognised which the others are not!

hope this helps

oh yeah, allmost forgot....free tea and coffee all day too!! : )

Was looking at the lighting course too after doling out £20 for the IET book (more of a pamphlet really!). The niceic courses seem a lot cheaper but experience tells me buy cheap buy twice!

Did you think it was value for money?

It's a field I seem to be getting more enquires about and seems like a minefield if you get it wrong.

Hi guys

I knw this is a different subject.....

but i have got a FIA course for fire alarm Unit 4 Installation and testing & Unit 5 Maintenance course tommorow,

Not in panic or anything,

is this a easy course? as ive been told by the course advisor all notes given out on the day for a test,

nothing to read before hand.

saf

Reply to FIA Courses - emergency lighting course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock