Currently reading:
Hand over packs or email?

Discuss Hand over packs or email? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I usually send my certificates to customers via email but thinking of printing copies instead in a hand over pack maybe look a bit more professional perhaps.

So out of interest what does everyone else do/include in hand overs?

Personally I would print the key information and put it in a folder by the CU.

In years to come the owner might have changed and almost certainly they will have lost the emails, if not the email account!

A B&W laser printer is a good idea, no ink drying out and resistant to damp and fade in sunlight. Just plan any company logo so it looks OK in B&W.

In years to come the owner might have changed and almost certainly they will have lost the emails, if not the email account!

A B&W laser printer is a good idea, no ink drying out and resistant to damp and fade in sunlight. Just plan any company logo so it looks OK in B&W.
Thats a good idea đź‘Ť

Do you put anything in to substitute stickers on the CU such as RCD testing and mixed colours.

I always used to put everything in a plastic wallet and cable tie it somewhere near to the consumer unit.
I would put everything in the wallet from certs to left over stickers etc etc
I even used to have labels made up with my name and number on it and stick this on the front of the consumer unit, but ran out of stickers

I have a colour duplexing LASER printer. However i tend to e-mail PDFs of all documents including certs. (Except RECI certs which mostly need to be handwritten other than Cert No. 1 or Cert No. 2 on the ECC system.)

My mate is niceic and they provide handover packs. he uses them and his customers love it. so much so that while he is off work recovering from an op. the ones with work waiting willl alll await his return.

I have a colour duplexing LASER printer. However i tend to e-mail PDFs of all documents including certs. (Except RECI certs which mostly need to be handwritten other than Cert No. 1 or Cert No. 2 on the ECC system.)
Email is good and quick and easy for you to find in the future, but not so good for the home owner long-term.

Doing both makes most sense as I guess the majority of folks now use electronic forms for the EIC/ECIR sort of work anyway.

Handover pack is the way forward now that death by stickers is not required.

I've got a simple format;

front-page with address and image of property exterior

Warnings and notices (death by stickers.....but on a page, not all over the board(s)

List of materials used with manufacturer information and where possible batch number

Image of CU with cover off (because you just know they'll take it off and be nosey) and seal numbers

Images of work done with cable routes drawn on

"Zones" info graphic- Yes carelessness by users is the #1 work generator but it shows an effort to want to educate thr user - who don't know what zones are most of the time!

Manufacturers instructions/paperwork

Basic non-invasive troubleshooting flow chart

It won't win awards but it does the job, adds a bit of value (tries to teach them something) and is different.

There is a company; CertOn that do similar to this but its all in the cloud and is just a QR sticker on the board.

Reply to Hand over packs or email? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock