Currently reading:
Intelligence V's common sense!

Discuss Intelligence V's common sense! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have just finished a handover at work and the doctor came up to me to have a chat about his electrics! He is a good doctor and very intelligent.

During the weekend, just before a party he was throwing, the 'sockets' MCB trips. He starts panicking as all his guests will be turning up. He starts unplugging everything from all the sockets as the trip switch will not stay closed, but all to no avail, so he starts switching off every switch in the house until he finds that when he switches off the 'oven' switch, the 'sockets' MCB can again be closed.

But... that means he cant use the oven.... which he desperately needs to..... he keeps trying to force the MCB to stay up, he keeps it there with his finger pressed up, but it still trips. So, this highly intelligent man gets some strong sticky tape and tries to tape the MCB up in desperation!!!!

I couldn't believe it!! This man is a skilled surgeon!! I think he's used to getting his own way. :grin:

You forget that common sense isn't that common anymore

Reminds me of a job I went on many eons ago, top surgeon at the RUH in Bath, you want some more plugs do you Dr I'll need to run some more cables from your fuse board (they weren't called in those days) don't be silly old boy just screw some plugs on the wall and this git was a transplant surgeon, the mind boggles

I have just finished a handover at work and the doctor came up to me to have a chat about his electrics! He is a good doctor and very intelligent.

During the weekend, just before a party he was throwing, the 'sockets' MCB trips. He starts panicking as all his guests will be turning up. He starts unplugging everything from all the sockets as the trip switch will not stay closed, but all to no avail, so he starts switching off every switch in the house until he finds that when he switches off the 'oven' switch, the 'sockets' MCB can again be closed.

But... that means he cant use the oven.... which he desperately needs to..... he keeps trying to force the MCB to stay up, he keeps it there with his finger pressed up, but it still trips. So, this highly intelligent man gets some strong sticky tape and tries to tape the MCB up in desperation!!!!

I couldn't believe it!! This man is a skilled surgeon!! I think he's used to getting his own way. :grin:
so...

what did you do for him about it then?...

To be honest Glenn I dont know what he did. I was about to start a drugs round for 35 prisoners and he had to see his patients, plus he said his mate was coming round. If his mate doesn't come around and I end up going I can perhaps give you a decent ending! :smile:

element in the oven died and is shorting the circuit?
I haven't been to a doctor for more than 10 years, fingers crossed.

Reply to Intelligence V's common sense! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back