Currently reading:
PAT Tester

Discuss PAT Tester in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Looking to buy a PAT tester. Any reccomendations, not too expensive, user friendly etc as I don't have much experience with them :)

Hi Gallagher .. I am a big fan of the modern seaward range .However you need to tell us what type of testing you are aiming at to help us guide you to the an appropriate tester. For instance if you mainly so 110v stuff then i would say the supernova if you were mainly gonna do office and IT equipment then the battery powered primetest range are the doggies dangly bits pt 300 &Pt 350 i would steer clear of the non downloadable range .

So tell us what you aim to test ..

72-van

Thanks for your reply 72-van. Over the next few months I know I'm going to be more office & IT equipment but I'm hopeful off picking up other work which would not be office and IT equipment! I'll look up the ones you have suggested though. Cheers.

A good allrounder is the seaward europa pac plus machine i have been using them for a while :)
the only drawback is they dont like doing a huge amount of continous 25a tests as they can heat up a bit.

If you are primarily doing nice office work then the primetest 300 is quick and efficient to use .

FYI i have a europa and a pt 300

both ideal tools for testing one thought though the pt300 & pt350 can do rcd testing.

72-van

Reply to PAT Tester in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back