Search the forum,

Discuss Route in to Electrical Appointed Persons roles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

swirl

-
Reaction score
Has anyone moved on to an AP or SAP role, currently JIB Graded Approved Maintenance Electrician/Electrical Fitter. HNC Elec&Electronic, BTEC Engineering, Inspection and Testing, 18th Edition, C&G2360 Electrical Installation, IOSH. Coming from 30 years industrial background with some previous HV switch yard experience. Any advice on the best route in to an AP role.

Hi Swirl, Yes I have been a LV AP and am also a HV AP, to become an AP you need to start to create a AP log book, inside you supply your qualifications information about the type of system you are going to maintain and keep copies of switching plans and drawings you have been involved with regarding AP duties. I also keep a copy in list form dated of every job I have done, all training etc and an index to this. You will also need to prove to the AE (authorizing Engineer) you are competent in writing, Sanction to test, permits to work, limitation of access, competent persons registers and switching plans, programs etc. You will need on site knowledge of the system you will look after and will also need to be pro active in this role, good luck pal, it is a rewarding position.

Reply to Route in to Electrical Appointed Persons roles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock