Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the difference between Domestic , Commercial and Industrial.? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

When it comes to Electrical work.

Usually domestic is households ( but not always), commercial is shops,ind. estate factories, schools, hospitals prisons etc, industrial is petro chem., oil rigs, ship building, sub-station HV works.
Domestic is covered by 17th wiring regs. and sometimes JIB/NICEIC/NAPIT, but not always??? Commercial is covered by 17th wiring regs. under JIB/SJIB National Agreements, industrial sometimes comes under 17th wiring regs. sometimes under JIB/SJIB but more usually NAECI Agreement and also sometimes under client Agreements.
Confusing isn't it? But you can see why there has to be more emphasis on proper training of apprentices/adult trainees because potentially a newly "qualified electrician" could work in all sectors and in my case I have!!!

Usually domestic is households ( but not always), commercial is shops,ind. estate factories, schools, hospitals prisons etc, industrial is petro chem., oil rigs, ship building, sub-station HV works.
Domestic is covered by 17th wiring regs. and sometimes JIB/NICEIC/NAPIT, but not always??? Commercial is covered by 17th wiring regs. under JIB/SJIB National Agreements, industrial sometimes comes under 17th wiring regs. sometimes under JIB/SJIB but more usually NAECI Agreement and also sometimes under client Agreements.
Confusing isn't it? But you can see why there has to be more emphasis on proper training of apprentices/adult trainees because potentially a newly "qualified electrician" could work in all sectors and in my case I have!!!

Seeing as your the only one out of the rest of us retrobates that gave a sensible answer you do seserve a like

commercial and industrial pay more for LESS work and its easier!!

If you honestly believe that daft comment , you have obviously never worked in a Real commercial or Real Industrial environment!!!

One thing to remember here, ...You can take an industrial electrician and and drop him in a domestic environment and with a few pointers here and there would be quite capable of undertaking any work in that category. Try doing that with a domestic electrician and dropping him in a heavy commercial, or industrial surrounding, and see what happens!!!

Reply to Whats the difference between Domestic , Commercial and Industrial.? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock