Discuss 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MDJ

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please do not forget to stand silent for our fallen hero's, lest we forget
11AM tommorrow                   . poppy - EletriciansForums.net

I will be at the local village Cenotaph tomorrow to pay my respects to all who served and died , including my best friend of 50 years that served 28 years in the Coldstream Guards .

I had a relation lost somewhere in Gallipoli, just a name on a memorial now. Only early 20s. War - waste of ... everything really.

I learnt a somewhat disturbing fact the other day about the Armistice and the Treaty of Versailles. The programme on Thursday night was saying that the terms of A and ToV were so punitive and brutal on Germany, along with the prolonged blockade of their ports that resulted in 100s of 1000s of civilian deaths due to starvation, that they were all out for revenge, can't blame them really, which led to the rise of Hitler and the events 20 years later.

I don't attend these ceremonies, I did through work before, perhaps I should now. But I always wear me poppy, and try best I can to observe the two minute silence. Visited Tyne Cot last year, all those names on walls & walls of memorials. Will we still be remembering them in another 100 years?

I'd buy that T-Shirt, Littlespark...
Midwest, I'm with you...but will observe wherever I am, while reflecting on the unbelievable crass stupidity of those who controlled the war and condemned so many to death...bitter? Yes...and lest we forget, there were those who died and should always be remembered and revered, and those who didn't die, but ordered those deaths, and who should be remembered and reviled...
and Pete, we'll all be hoping you don't nag them about the crap wiring!

Midwest, I'm with you...but will observe wherever I am, while reflecting on the unbelievable crass stupidity of those who controlled the war and condemned so many to death...bitter? Yes...and lest we forget, there were those who died and should always be remembered and revered, and those who didn't die, but ordered those deaths, and who should be remembered and reviled...
I will have other things on my mind Pirate, until I get home and watch the proceedings I have on record but my thoughts will be with them, whoever they may be, lest we forget!!!!!!

As will I

I just watched news footage of the world leaders joining together for rememberance.
French Macron nudges Trump and offers his hand for a handshake photo opportunity… What does Trump do??? "Thumbs up!"
What an idiot.

I just watched news footage of the world leaders joining together for rememberance.
French Macron nudges Trump and offers his hand for a handshake photo opportunity… What does Trump do??? "Thumbs up!"
What an idiot.
Well we all know that, don't we? an idiot I mean.

Well we all know that, don't we? an idiot I mean
I have got to give credit to trump about NATO .tell the other country's to cough up and start paying your shear. and France macaroon wanting to put together a E.U. army .I bet they want be leading the charge .what is the white in the middle of the flag I wonder.,

It is times like this we forget the petty differences between us and all stand tall with our heads bowed to show our deep respect for our fallen hero's, some incredible replies so far in this thread, pete we love you mate, I hope all goes well for you my friend.

Reply to 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock