Discuss Bee's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
a few Bee shots from the Garden.
20200816_071110.jpg
20200816_071026.jpg
20200802_164443.jpg
20200802_164504.jpg

to bee or not to bee. that is the quwstion
whether it is nobler to suffer the stings and arrows of ourageous fortune or get stung by a wasp with camera in hand.

Excellent photos mate.
Cheers pal, they can be buggers to capture though because they only stay still a few seconds.
[automerge]1597697477[/automerge]
to bee or not to bee. that is the quwstion
whether it is nobler to suffer the stings and arrows of ourageous fortune or get stung by a wasp with camera in hand.
I nearly copped an unfortunate one the other day ?
[automerge]1597697560[/automerge]
Would I get called a grammar ---- if I pointed out the excess apostrophe in the thread title?
Not at all mate. We did used to have a grammar ---- on here but i can't remember who it was.

Here's a few more Bee photos from the other day.
Thanks for looking.
20200822_075349.jpg
20200822_075344.jpg
20200822_075337.jpg

The little darlings fly by inspecting any crevices in my wood work.
(as I nervously watch -- Remembering having a chimney full !)
I love them now, they look totally different down a lens as opposed to running away from them which is what I used to do.?

The thing is with bees and wasps is to keep calm and don't run about and swat at them. All they are looking for is food , if there is none they will go away.

The thing is with bees and wasps is to keep calm and don't run about and swat at them. All they are looking for is food , if there is none they will go away.
That is true, we have lots of lavender in the garden to attract them and they are far more interested in that than they are in me which allows me to get reasonably close.
IMG_20200822_184448_245.jpg
IMG_1773 (2).JPG
IMG_20200822_184448_248.jpg

Keep calm!?
I woke them up hammering clips into wooden decking.... when I stood up, my head was surrounded. I think I swatted one or two. They swatted back!
That is true, we have lots of lavender in the garden to attract them and they are far more interested in that than they are in me which allows me to get reasonably close.View attachment 60334View attachment 60335View attachment 60336
I agree with that as far as bees are concerned, but wasps are unpredictable little scrotes!

wwwwwww.jpg
When my wife was ill and vulnerable there was a wasp nest in the eaves of the single storey porch. Inevitably they would come into the house looking for for food, neither of us wanted to destroy the nest , and it would not of been easy anyway as the access was through the sandstone . I took to feeding them away from the house with jam and left over honey for the rest of the season , they would follow me down the garden to the site . They buzzed around me till I fed them , none ever landed on me and I was never stung once .

View attachment 60343When my wife was ill and vulnerable there was a wasp nest in the eaves of the single storey porch. Inevitably they would come into the house looking for for food, neither of us wanted to destroy the nest , and it would not of been easy anyway as the access was through the sandstone . I took to feeding them away from the house with jam and left over honey for the rest of the season , they would follow me down the garden to the site . They buzzed around me till I fed them , none ever landed on me and I was never stung once .

Perhaps I've misjudged them. You're braver than me!

It was a case of keeping them happy :). They are just like us lol, trying to survive .
Here is another pal I see regular . Forgive the quality, I have a headlamp on and just taken it on my old phone.View attachment 60345
makes a change from seeing them dead at side of the road.

funnily enough.I was refused planning on building a single dwelling on an acre of land in green belt, even though there was an old house in the next piece of land. "not a hope" was the council's answer. 6 months later a national builder ( obviously with a big brown envelope stuffed with £50's... ( no names)) got planning for 200 houses 1/2 mile away.

It is happening a lot now , planning has bee relaxed and even green belt areas are being allowed planning that would not have been allowed in the not too distant past.

Reply to Bee's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net