Discuss Bs 7671 : 2001 -- 2008? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

CT13

-
Reaction score
Hello I am doing some home study for the C&G 2382-10 & 2392.

Amongst the literature bought, I managed to pick up cheaply off ePay the BS 7671 : 2001 and the 16th edition OSG which was being sold together with it.

I understand that the OSG is being superseeded by the 17 edition which in fact I have on back order through Waterstones

My question is, in the 17 edition material I am reading at the moment (IEE Inspection testing and inspection for example) they keep referring to the BS as the 17 edition BS 7671 : 2008, so does this mean that there has been a new BS published in 2008 with amandments made to it?

The BS I have here is the 2001 incorporating amendemts no1 2002 & no2 : 2004. So it must have been published in 2004 or thereafter.

Am I to take it that there is a later BS with further amendments which I will need to get also?

Thanks.

Just had a look now and yes there is a definite 17th edition BS too......

Disregard the above. Nevermind, I paid less than £10 for them both.

Last edited:

Reply to Bs 7671 : 2001 -- 2008? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
i am current looking join an electrician course ideally to get my gold card i am paying for the course my self so need as much information as...
Replies
Views
Many will by now have heard of the new requirements for private landlords, enacted under Statutory Instrument 2020 No. 312, known as ‘The...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there people. My name is Sym, I am 50 years old this year. When I left school in 1985 I started work with a local house bashing firm, I didn't...
Replies
Views
O
I've copied this off an older post so fingers crossed the dates are correct: 1903 4th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, called ‘Wiring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock