Discuss Can it be done?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Off the top, maybe...

Using a two way lighting approach... one 2w switch by the door provides the two strappers which go to one 2w switch per light.
[automerge]1576320815[/automerge]
But the downside would be the three switches simply toggle the state of the lamps. So the one by the door wouldn't be a guaranteed switch on... if one was already on, it would go off.

Intermediate switching arrangement, using dedicated 5Amp sockets as the lighting points to be used for the bedside lights only. Used this method many times when standard lamps and table lamps were popular, as opposed to centre lights.

fit a switch at door. then from the switched L from that switch power the 2 bedside switches. so with the door switch on, both lights work, each off it's own bedside switch. on getting up. switch the 2 bedside switches on, turn lights off at door.

Retractive switches (door switch needs to be double pole) and a couple of relays wired to latch on ? DC relays would be advisable, as AC ones tend to hum.
Or for the "sledgehammer to crack a very small nut" option, I believe DALI would allow you to have three controllers on a bus with two relay (or dimmer) modules ...

The easiest way would be a two gang switch by the door, one for each light.
But if you want only one switch by the door then use it to operate an 8 pin relay, that gives you two seperate sets of C, L1, L2 operated by the one switch.
[automerge]1576492105[/automerge]
Retractive switches (door switch needs to be double pole) and a couple of relays wired to latch on ? DC relays would be advisable, as AC ones tend to hum.
Or for the "sledgehammer to crack a very small nut" option, I believe DALI would allow you to have three controllers on a bus with two relay (or dimmer) modules ...

Only one relay is required with a normal switch, no latching.

But if you want only one switch by the door then use it to operate an 8 pin relay, that gives you two seperate sets of C, L1, L2 operated by the one switch.
Don't need the relay. Connect Line to C, then you take the L1 and L2 across to the two bedside switches where they connect to L1 and L2 there - with C on each being connected to it's lamp. You then get the normal 2-way switching function between the wall switch and each bedside switch.
However, as already mentioned by someone else, this does NOT give you a "switch both on/off at the door" function, it gives you a "change the state of both lights from the door" - so if one light is on and the other is off, then switching the wall switch will turn the on light off, and the off light on.
Only one relay is required with a normal switch, no latching.
The point of using latching relays and retractive switches is that by switching the wall switch to off it will set both lights to off regardless of whether they were on or off beforehand. Similarly, switching it to on will turn both lights on regardless of whether they were on or off.

The alternative using DALI would need 3 control plates with 2 buttons on each. The wall "switch" would be programmed to send on/off commands to both light interfaces, while the bedside "switches" would be programmed to send on/off commands just to the relevant light interface.

Reply to Can it be done?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net