Discuss Corona Virus in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

First of all can someone please explain why people are panic buying arsewipe?...

Basically, the guidance is, that if you don't have a tissue but need to sneeze, then you should blow into your arm at the inner side of the elbow joint (the anticubitial fossa) in order to restrict the spread of spray from the nose.

But unfortunately the average person doesn't know their arse from their elbow, so they buy toilet paper!

anyway, it's all a fart in a thunderstorm. the corona virus won't last long.... it was made in China.

it's just gone on the menu at our local takeaway....no 99, coronaviruscurry... boiled maggots included; fried maggots 50p extra....

Saw this today. Can I panic now?

E1D79261-985E-42DF-82CE-CF42CB5BD765.jpeg

Seems this is the most recent thread to post about the virus.

I’m off to my sons stag do, in London today. Going by train and using the tube. Have to say, I am slightly nervous, and not just about keeping an eye on the lad, and staying up to silly o’clock.

Im told the place is deserted, and the tube pretty empty.

I‘ll keep you updated, on my secret mission up town :)

My daughter was in London last weekend. Didn’t say if it was very busy, or empty.
That was before the recent announcements of changes.
Her university have stopped all “face to face” lectures, so it’s to be done online. She is thinking of coming home rather than staying in the halls.
Daddy taxi will have to take a day off unless I go up today. (Not much chance of that)

And the rugby has been cancelled.

I find it quite ironic that the things people are panic buying (apart from ar5e wipe) are pasta and rice.

There just seems to be some irony in the way people are buying the food most associated with countries with the worst infections.

I’m off to my sons stag do, in London today. Going by train and using the tube. Have to say, I am slightly nervous, and not just about keeping an eye on the lad, and staying up to silly o’clock.

Well our day passed away much without incidents. The train and tube seemed pretty normal capacity. Bars were full, and restaurants seemed busy. Some people were wearing masks, including one guy who was wearing what looked like WWII gas mask.

Washed my hands every time, I thought about it.

Time will tell.

Is today, in the current climate of covid19, the right time to be showing “Twelve Monkeys” on the sci-fi channel.....

“Bruce Willis... A criminal from the future..... is sent back in time to locate a virus that will kill millions of people”

I have been watching a series on amazon called the last ship
All about a virus that changes the world

Conspiracy theory:

After seeing a notice in a shop say they only accept contactless payment, could it be that worldwide governments are working together to make us a totally cashless society?
No cash- no germs transference?

is corona made up to push us all into using electronically traceable currency? Every transaction logged?

China have already been under suspicion by offering a phone app that tells you if you are entering a particular covid hotspot. Also tells the govt where you are at all times.

I said at the top this is a conspiracy theory. Don’t reply that I’m being an idiot.... :)

A LETTER FROM F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, QUARANTINED IN 1920 IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE DURING THE SPANISH INFLUENZA OUTBREAK:

Dearest Rosemary,

It was a limpid dreary day, hung as in a basket from a single dull star. I thank you for your letter. Outside, I perceive what may be a collection of fallen leaves tussling against a trash can. It rings like jazz to my ears.

The streets are that empty. It seems as though the bulk of the city has retreated to their quarters, rightfully so. At this time, it seems very poignant to avoid all public spaces. Even the bars, as I told Hemingway, but to that he punched me in the stomach, to which I asked if he had washed his hands. He hadn’t. He is much the denier, that one. Why, he considers the virus to be just influenza. I’m curious of his sources.

The officials have alerted us to ensure we have a month’s worth of necessities. Zelda and I have stocked up on red wine, whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry, gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy. Please pray for us.

You should see the square, oh, it is terrible. I weep for the damned eventualities this future brings. The long afternoons rolling forward slowly on the ever-slick bottomless highball. Z. says it’s no excuse to drink, but I just can’t seem to steady my hand. In the distance, from my brooding perch, the shoreline is cloaked in a dull haze where I can discern an unremitting penance that has been heading this way for a long, long while. And yet, amongst the cracked cloudline of an evening’s cast, I focus on a single strain of light, calling me forth to believe in a better morrow.

Faithfully yours,

F. Scott Fitzgerald

I will just stay with the red wine.

Seems my lad got his do in, just in time. On the other hand, he could of saved himself a shed load of money. Bought everybody a round of drinks, beer and a shot (30 odd people), £325.

No sport, no pubs, no restaurants, no booze in the supermarkets, little food (& toilet rolls). Might have to get the Monopoly out of the loft.

Apparently the divorce rate is gonna go through the roof, it’s like 6 Xmas rolled into one. Gonna keep my gob shut, to keep my pension.

Reply to Corona Virus in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net