Discuss CPN Cudis from cef in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
When replacing a fuse board which needs to be fully loaded with RCBOs.

More often than not clients... especially commercial want RCBO fuse boards in the interest of diversity should there be a fault which I agree.

However the only dilemma I have is trying to compete on price as it’s not just a couple of quid difference between the cheaper (CPN) or the more expensive (Hager) when installing x30 ways.

I would prefer Hager but I have installed some CPN boards which give me the edge on price and I think I would use them more often as I find the boards not as good but not terrible.

I used an MCG board once and never again but Anyone else recommend any cheaper brands which they like in a single phase RCBO domestic install, CPN gets my
Vote?

Last edited:
Anything like that, I normally send a quote along the lines of

Waffle about what is to be done
Budget brand parts cost £200
Labour £400
Extra cost for brand X parts.

Before you leave site to prepare quote, it gives you a moment to explain why it’s better and what you would or have fitted in your own or your family’s houses.

Problem I have now, is that my more expensive preferred brands, seem to be competing with the lower priced brands on unreliability and general crapiness.

When replacing a fuse board which needs to be fully loaded with RCBOs.

More often than not clients... especially commercial want RCBO fuse boards in the interest of diversity should there be a fault which I agree.

However the only dilemma I have is trying to compete on price as it’s not just a couple of quid difference between the cheaper (CPN) or the more expensive (Hager) when installing x30 ways.

I would prefer Hager but I have installed some CPN boards which give me the edge on price and I think I would use them more often as I find the boards not as good but not terrible.

I used an MCG board once and never again but Anyone else recommend any cheaper brands which they like in a single phase RCBO domestic install, CPN gets my
Vote?
What issue did you have with MCG?

I would point out that in twenty years time the chance of getting suitable replacement breakers and RCBOs is less likely to be an issue with the likes of Hager. For domestic at least, and where they plan to stay put for a good while, then it might sway them.
I priced a Hager 16 way RCBO board just recently and it came in at £290, but that's with 10 RCBOs and six blanks. That was for a commercial job where it sold itself though really.
I find HI boards with a 2-3 RCBOs is usually ample for most homes.

I dislike cpn from a few bad experiences. Another brand where the breakers refuse to sit straight and the lid doesn't fit properly which is unforgivable for me

I would point out that in twenty years time the chance of getting suitable replacement breakers and RCBOs is less likely to be an issue with the likes of Hager. For domestic at least, and where they plan to stay put for a good while, then it might sway them.
I priced a Hager 16 way RCBO board just recently and it came in at £290, but that's with 10 RCBOs and six blanks. That was for a commercial job where it sold itself though really.
I find HI boards with a 2-3 RCBOs is usually ample for most homes.

With regs constantly changing I am not sure any manufacturer manufactures and maintains a stock of MCBs for 20 years also the subtle changes they make helps to keep the replacement board market active

CPN cudis is my go to for rcbo boards, and fitted 2 of the split boards recently and doing another 2 tomorrow and fitted an rcbo board today.

At 5/8 the cost of Hager its alot more cost effective.

Reply to CPN Cudis from cef in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock