Discuss Dash cam in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a cheap dash cam for the van. Being a tight git I'm only looking at up to £30 (plus cost of memory card). There's a few on ebay that look reasonable. Has anyone got any experience of these budget dash cams and could recommend one?

They absolutely work. They have been around for ages. Might be worth you checking on Amazon so the product is reviewed rather than the seller, then check the reviews?

This has a Sony camera sensor in it and is about 30 quid. Can get new and used for 25ish (link in the listing).

ORSKEY Dash Cam 1080P Full HD Car Camera DVR Dashboard Camera Video Recorder In Car Camera Dashcam for Cars 170 Wide Angle WDR with 3.0" LCD Display Night Vision Motion Detection and G-sensor ORSKEY Dash Cam 1080P Full HD Car Camera DVR Dashboard Camera Video Recorder In Car Camera Dashcam for Cars 170 Wide Angle WDR with 3.0" LCD Display Night Vision Motion Detection and G-sensor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H26742D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_b.KDDb31FAHWS

I got a nextbase 112 on special from Lidl for 30 quid.... same one is 50 in Halfords.
Another £8 for a larger memory card than the one that comes supplied.

I've just been Lidl, or Aldi. I get them mixed up even when I'm in there. And they had one that was around £33 I think and it looked pretty good.

Some these days even come with a rear camera to stick in the back.

And I had one that was a rear view mirror, that showed you what the rear camera was picking up in it, but was a mirror at the same time. And it recorded both front and back. And had impact detection and stuff. And it wasn't that expensive either.
[automerge]1568042925[/automerge]
£36 and hundreds of good reviews.

Check that out.

Chinese are on this tech lark. These have been around for decades over there. We're slow to catch on.

In Russia some insurance firms don't even give you insurance without one because police could be bribed so easy years ago. So they've also had them for decades.

i use my mobile phone on record mode. . fantastic pic. better than any dash cam i've seen. only prob is needs to be plugged in as the battery drain is high.

I use my GoPro cos I'm a posh pirate!
That'd get nicked around here. Or you'd have to keep hiding it when you get out, and that's a maul and makes a quick shop trip a right effort. Apparently you crash most local to home because you know the area so well you ignore some signage etc. Driving instructor told me that. And then I kept crashing close to home and thinking, hmmmm I should know better. :D :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I should get home from work sometime Thursday so will take a loom first in Aldi & Lidl on Friday.

I went for the Motorola mdc150. £39.99 from Argos. I had a £10 off voucher, so cost me £29.99 Already had a 32Gb card. I've just chucked in the van so I'll see how good it is on my trip to work on Sunday. I think I had better turn off the sound recording. I don't want to record myself singing along to Planet Rock ;-)

Reply to Dash cam in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock