Discuss Enquiries to Supplier....Eventually in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Folks,

Western Power Distribution operate a central enquiries number which I have on my phone to call when I need to check earthing arrangement, fuse, etc. In Cornwall there are 7 local engineering teams who are then contacted by the central office and given the enquiry. They will call back or write within 2-3 days. They don't like you to contact the teams direct. Fab!

Problem is, what use is that when you're on the premises and needing to know? :confused:

Anyone short-circuit this by calling engineers direct or is this just peculiar to WPD?

Update to the above......

Western Power have now written to me about the enquiry (a day later) stating that they'll send out an engineer to check the property sometime in the next 2 weeks! So much for a phone call to simply enquire about the earthing system and main fuse rating! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you dont know the fuse rating just put it down as LIM on report and make a note that there was no access. If you think the earthing is not adequate call the emergency loss of supply number and they will send someone out ASAP. well they do in central networks area.

An update on the non-availability of an engineer on a phone....Western Power have now written to me about both enquiries and stated that PME would be available at one site but not the other. No mention of the original queries I raised !

So, are we beginning to see the end of being able to talk to a real engineer about an installation?

Reply to Enquiries to Supplier....Eventually in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock