Discuss Essential Journey? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gees.... for someone saying the Scots moan a lot about the English, you’re not half doing the exact opposite!

We didn’t all vote to leave the UK, the majority didn’t vote to leave, so I really wish we aren’t all tarred with the same brush.

I like the Saltire flag, I like the tartan, bagpipes, haggis and heather....
What I don’t like is a political party hijacking anything Scottish for their own means.
Even if I felt like it, I can’t fly a Scottish flag on my house because someone would then label me an SNP supporter.

Starts off as a 'should Boris travel to Scotland during covid' thread and ends up with yet another Europe/ Independence debate. There are plenty other of these threads on this forum. We are out of Europe, debate finished and the Scots voted to stay in the union although that may change. Any chance we could stick to the point and not take the chance to hijack every thread?
My Thread mate, I am happy for it to go off track, it is only a thread on the internet, life is too short to get wound up over it ?

He shouldn't Travel IMO, he has had Covid as well and is telling us to stay at home so he should

Fair enough MDJ, just me being grumpy because I'm really bored with the whole Europe debate, we're out and its done as far as i'm concerned and just seeing it in quite a few threads gets to me a bit. Ignore me, i probably need to get out more ?, a bit like Boris who seems to be getting out more.

A work Trip.

However is it really Essential? if he had to go because there was a risk to the UK for example then fair enough, but is visiting a factory bumping fists really Essential? Nicola Sturgeon doesn't think so, he should stay in London IMO
He can't win tough can he?

If he goes to Scotland, krankie is squealing "unnecessary trip ya sassanach barsa"

If he doesn't go krankie will be squealing " you're ignoring us, ya sassanach barsa"

What ever happens Krankie will squeal, its what she does.

That is going to be difficult Bud because there are 8 million Scots living in England and only 5 Million in Scotland, I bet the vast majority of Scots voted to Leave but we will never know because they don't live in the homeland anymore lol
Did the 8 million Scots in England get a vote for the scottish referendum

edit: sorry I have gone off one one haven’t I.

That is going to be difficult Bud because there are 8 million Scots living in England and only 5 Million in Scotland, I bet the vast majority of Scots voted to Leave but we will never know because they don't live in the homeland anymore lol
Also... as it's a question of the breakup of the union... we should all get a vote on it... not just those that happen to live in Scotland or claim to be Scottish but live elsewhere...

I'm Welsh but live in England and would have voted for Scotland to leave... IF they were funding the re-building of Hadrians Wall and paying the costs of guarding it.... and they take their fair share of the national debt with them. Wee Jimmy Crankie would never agree to these things anyway...

Also... as it's a question of the breakup of the union... we should all get a vote on it... not just those that happen to live in Scotland or claim to be Scottish but live elsewhere...

I'm Welsh but live in England and would have voted for Scotland to leave... IF they were funding the re-building of Hadrians Wall and paying the costs of guarding it.... and they take their fair share of the national debt with them. Wee Jimmy Crankie would never agree to these things anyway...
No one is perfect

I did the sums.

Whole of UK brexit result with the Scotland vote included 2.8% difference

Whole of UK with scotlands votes removed 6% difference.

TBH pretty underwhelming result. I thought more Scots wanted to remain than that.
That is Surprising
it is if you want to eat.
Your usually always in the pub, I bet with the lockdown your climbing the walls at home Tel

Reply to Essential Journey? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net