Discuss Feil Multimaster in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Has anyone used one of these? Or more importantly does any electrician use one of these frequently.

Need to do some sanding and really fancy one but am not sure if I will ever really use it for anything else.

Looks great cutting plasterboard, and skirting but is it more of a carpenter/floorfitters tool?

Cheers

Hey mate.

I must admit I have one. Only reason I got one was that a few months ago we had a project of 32 timber frame houses to do and all internal walls were 3 quarter inch ply and half inch plasterboard on top.

Now the chippies refused point blank to cut out the boards if I fitted noggins and metal boxes (my preferred way) so we had to cut out dry lining boxes after they had finished boarding and using one of these was the best way I found quick, no damage to the surrounding area of the box and less chance of damaging the cables as opposed to drilling or jigsawing.

Having said that it doesn't get used everyday but you never know when you'll encounter the next awkward chippie.

Cheers:D

I've got one and its the type of tool that you don't use that often but sometimes its the only thing that will do the job. You can plunge it straight in and cut very precisely and very close to things. You can also get a cutter for tiles which is very handy. You can make very fine cuts in floor boards and have control of the depth(ie you don't know what's underneath). Its not fast at cutting but that's not the point. They were invented for taking off plaster casts.

However I've noticed that Bosch now make a similar tool for less money. I don't know if it will be as good. Fein's tools are of a very high quality.

I've got the Bosch one from B & Q quite a lot cheaper than the fein, Bosch do a cordless one now.

Had it for about 6 months and used it about 4 times:eek:
great tool tho.

Ive got the BOSCH one @£55. rather than £350 for the fein. - Its not brilliant, but for cutting out plasterboard holes for patress boxes its brilliant. - Had to cut throught plasterboard and 1/2 inch T&G for a pattress box - lovely clean cut. I brought mine for floorboards, to cut them accross at an angle. Its a fine blade so can refit boards easily,(not had to lift any boards yet though.) . I tried cutting through chipboard which was difficult as BOSCH stops vibrating the blade if you push to hard... TORX do one as well (ARGOS). Spoke to Chippie who uses fein for everything and recommends it.

Reply to Feil Multimaster in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock