Currently reading:
Ferrule Crimps

Discuss Ferrule Crimps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks, I did find those on a search but they are too long and not the same crimp type. I'm looking for very small brass ones as in the picture, about 4-5 mm long

The small brass ones are likely to be applied by automated machinery rather than available for fitting by hand.
Plain ferrules can be fitted and cut to length as required.

If you are doing thousands, there is a tool that presses the copper so hard that it cold welds into an almost solid strand.
Can’t remember who makes it but if your interested I have a hard copy of there brochure at home.
Think it was about 2k so only for serious quantity manufacturing

Reply to Ferrule Crimps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock