Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Free sat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy5678

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Where is best to buy a dish for free sat?
Don’t want a poor quality one from amazon etc.

TIA!

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
I bought THIS one from amazon last year for my house. The LNB even has 'sky' on it I think. Works perfect. Although it was £19.99 then

Also used THIS mast/pole. Again good quality. Used shield anchors to fix. A better job than most installs I've seen. All in my very honest opinion of course!:tearsofjoy:

Takes me longer to align mine than the TV guys do though. Using an app on my phone/looking at the neighbours and then an old one of THESE type things I've had for years.

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
Just seen that you're way up North in wildling country! That dish probably isn't the right one for you. Think you need a zone 2 like THIS maybe

Andy5678

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Matt exactly the information I need. I have re aligned one before in a very difficult area (wrong side of a hill and a big radio mast in the way, got it eventually). The pole it’s on is in good condition so just going to re use that. Also need a 4 quad LNB, I see they are available on screwfix

Andy5678

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s is up and working. Used an app called dish align to set it in the right direction then was a mix of using a sat finder and the tv to get a good signal.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Free sat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom