• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Gate openers. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirepuller

Forum Mentor
Been asked to rush a cable in for a 5 bar gate opener while some ground is already up......whats the typical load of such an opener so I can calculate cable requirements before tomorrow?
Thanks in advance

Professional Grade LED Lighting Strips

needasparks

Electrician's Arms
Never seen one bigger than a 10amp load as normally on high torque motors nowdays or a small ram pump, the usuall is a spur supply. Can you not check with the installers (quick phone call) before.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
usually only a fhp motor. if you allow for 2kva that should be well over.

wirepuller

Forum Mentor
Thanks chaps,
No spec on a gate at all...it's just "put a cable in for a gate which will go in soon".....just want to make sure I'm covered with the cable size.

mogga

Just me
Electrician's Arms
B.I.L got solar powered charger and battery powered gates due to distance from house meaning cable was prohibitivly expensive and would have required a massive box for termination

to work out size you need ALL the information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance