Discuss Help choosing my course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kirawarai

Hello there. I am studying NVQ level 3 C&G electrical insallation and I want to study Electrical Engineering at university. Is it possible with this grade I have or it is not enough. Thanks in advance.

No mate I don't think so. Best bet is to aim for a HNC/HND in electronic and electrical engineering which would gain you entry on to a degree course or similar at university and would also shorten the length of your course. How long have you to go before you achieve NVQ3?

Thanks for the reply... It took me 3 years to go NVQ 3 because they extended NVQ2 for 2 years. What entry requirements I need for HNC/HND electronic and electrical engineering because I don't have any GCSE and A Levels grade. I only have this C&G NVQ3 and I am really depressed. What is better for me next. Thanks

Dont get depressed over it...did you not do key skills as part of your C&G NVQ3?, is it a modern apprenticeship that your doing?, as you have to complete key skills now with a modern apprenticeship and there equivalent to GCSE grade C IIRC.

Different collages have different entry requirements have a look around and then you are best speaking to them as if you dont have the correct entry requirements some would still take you on the course as long as you passed an interview with them beforehand to show you know what your on about basically.

I am doing functional skills with C&G. I am really thankful for your help. When I first came to England and join college I don't have any idea what to choose because i was new in place and there are many subjects. I choose electrical insallation because I thought it will lead me to electrical engineering study in the future now I regret it. Thank you very much.

Reply to Help choosing my course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net