Search the forum,

Discuss Help settle a disagreement in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

End of the day its down to the spec of the job, regs that we all abide to and then its your judgment. Simple as that.

If you can sleep at night knowing that you've done a great job and everyone is safe, what can this 'rounded door handle' tell you? Nothing. Get your bullets in order and shoot him down in flames.

Sounds like this guy is a complete arse. If you work for the same outfit you should be watching out for each other and advising, like the help you get here and not individual criticism. Tell him straight, he is not welcome to your job unless invited and his comments are unhelpful and should be kept to himself (you may want to add a few choice words in there too to put the point across more assertively). No one ever learns stuff from people like that, and let's face it you probably learnt more on this forum than you did from this work colleague!

According to 701.512.3 the (insulating) cord of a pull cord switch can be inside zones provided that the switch itself is outside, ie above 2.25m. Any mains ventilation equipment (extractor fan) that is rated at IPX4 or higher, and is approved for a particular zone as per manufacturers instructions, is permissible within zones 1 and 2. Also, any PELV or SELV equipment not exceeding 25v ac can be used inside zone 1 providing that the safety source is outside zones. It does not have to be outside the room.
If I am reading these regs incorrectly, feel free to tell me :)

You should go to one of his jobs, take pictures and send them your boss, he sounds like a bully. If hes a work collegue he should have your back like i do with my engineers. dont get me wrong some time positive criticism is what is needed but it should be said in a professional manner.

Hopefully I'm not in breach of forum rules? But my suggestion to remedy this sort of intrusion would be to wait until he next offers his opinion, and as soon as he opens his mouth crack him square in the lips.

Any other approach will unfortunately prove futile as you can't educate or reason with imbeciles. So don't waste your breath trying.

Like imago's idea!

I really REALLY Hate bullies too, was bullied at school (because I stood up to 'em), and bullied at work once, got someone to watch him for a few weeks then as soon as he came into office monday I politely asked him "outside" for a word, in front if everyone. Then let him know where he stood and that an independant witness agrees he's out of order, and that he should respect the fact I was resolving it between us and not smearing his personnel records with a formal complaint.

Was as nice as pie for next two years.

Bully = coward every time.

Reply to Help settle a disagreement in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock