Discuss I'm a really sad git!....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, even by my standards I've really become sad. I've just bought 10 bar codes. Why? I really don't know. The numbers are now mine, both EAN and UPC :)

I have bought something a bit more useful too. A Brother QL-700 label printer. Mainly for the wife to post her Ebay stuff as her writing looks like a spider has been dipped in ink and allowed to walk over the package. I does do a really good job of printing barcodes too ;)

All I need to do now is find a use for 10 barcodes :confused:

All I need to do now is find a use for 10 barcodes

pay your bar bill???

You could get one sign written on the van so when its scanned with a smartphone it directs people to your website? Thats all I got.

I bought myself some VDE scissors the other week, our other spark proceeded to take the ---- as soon as he lay eyes on them. Completely overkill but I look the part when I'm cutting up those DB stickers now :)

You could get one sign written on the van so when its scanned with a smartphone it directs people to your website? Thats all I got.
That sounds like a QR code. A square block with lots of little dots in. You don't need to buy them. You can generate them online.

I bought myself some VDE scissors the other week, our other spark proceeded to take the **** as soon as he lay eyes on them. Completely overkill but I look the part when I'm cutting up those DB stickers now :)
Like it :)

can we not get one of these q code stickers for CUs? save all these stickers. customer scans the q code and it tells him when a retest is due, when to press the --- on the RCD, and why it;s got different wiring colours. saves space and trees.

Yeah I was thinking of a QR code, didn't know you could just generate one.
Take a look at QR Stuff - https://www.qrstuff.com/

How much does a bar code cost? Is it like a numberplate? If so I bet 8008135 goes for a pretty penny.
Price seems to depend on where you get them from. Varies from a couple of quid to £30+ per code. The sites I looked at just alloctae the code. You can't choose your own

Hmmm.....looks like you can do what you want quite easily

I'm a really sad git!....... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

That was from Free QR-Code Generator. Create QR-Codes Online! - https://qrcode.tec-it.com/en/Calendar
Click on the 'ABC Raw Data' option and type whatever you want into the data box.

I use the QL 560, decent little label printer, you'll be able to print your Christmas card list off with ease.

Ms Sheep
Corner of Field
Bang-her
Wales

;o)))))

Just pulling your leg...... ;o))))))

Reply to I'm a really sad git!....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock