Discuss ive done it in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

alex

tonights 2391........................................

:D:D:D

to be fair it didnt seem to bad and my mate who did it with is better at testing than got roughley the same answers. section 20 questions i flew through and section b senorio was a 3 bed house with downstairs conveted to a shop. but the questions didn really relate that much to the senoirio. hardley at any calc's;) so all in all only the praticle to go. lets wait 3 months and see the result.

i dont count my chickens when it comes to exams but i answered all questions and feel ok about it.

ps

a lot of questions from previous papers. loads on insulation resistance and earth fault loop impedance.

cheers shakey.

dont know about the praticle. the course finshes soon in mid april then he can test 2 a week :eek::mad::( so some are going to have a long wait.

cheers shakey.

dont know about the praticle. the course finshes soon in mid april then he can test 2 a week :eek::mad::( so some are going to have a long wait.

jeez, nothing worse than having to wait - i can test at least 4 a day - but hey, run with it

and remember

STAY CALM. when you go take a measurement and nothing happens, dont panic, step back. Is your meter on the right scale? are the leads connected correctly? is the circuit switched on? and finally IS THE POWER ON?

seen guys get into a right state when they have forgotten to power up!

and remember, save time, you dont have to measure Zs on all the circuits!!!!!

good luck;)

jeez, nothing worse than having to wait - i can test at least 4 a day - but hey, run with it

and remember

STAY CALM. when you go take a measurement and nothing happens, dont panic, step back. Is your meter on the right scale? are the leads connected correctly? is the circuit switched on? and finally IS THE POWER ON?

seen guys get into a right state when they have forgotten to power up!

and remember, save time, you dont have to measure Zs on all the circuits!!!!!

good luck;)
Why don't you have to measure Zs on all cct's ??

Why don't you have to measure Zs on all cct's ??

Because the Electricity at Works Regs says you shouldnt

its to do with working on or near live conductors - you should only do it if there is no other way.

Now you've measured (or decided on, because of the type of supply) Ze

you have measured R1+R2. So you can calculate Zs.

Therefore measuring Zs on, say, the lighting circuit, is in direct contravention of the (statutory) EAWR's. On the sockets its acceptable to measure, because you can safely plug in the meter.

C&G specifically state , for all but the sockets and submain:

"Carries out suitable test using a suitable method or calculates Zs from measured values"

so its quite acceptable, during this practical, when most peopleare pushed for time, to just calculate;)

nice one, Alex...fingers crossed eh. practical's nothin to worry about at all, will fly by. and yeah, the written's none too bad, bit to learn, but worth gettin ur head in the books innit. nobody wants to re-sit it. was really proud of myself when i got the posh cert. through the post (eventually). know alot of guys who don't have it.

Because the Electricity at Works Regs says you shouldnt

its to do with working on or near live conductors - you should only do it if there is no other way.

Now you've measured (or decided on, because of the type of supply) Ze

you have measured R1+R2. So you can calculate Zs.

Therefore measuring Zs on, say, the lighting circuit, is in direct contravention of the (statutory) EAWR's. On the sockets its acceptable to measure, because you can safely plug in the meter.

C&G specifically state , for all but the sockets and submain:

"Carries out suitable test using a suitable method or calculates Zs from measured values"

so its quite acceptable, during this practical, when most peopleare pushed for time, to just calculate;)

Does all this come off the top of your head Shakey?

yep might have a look about on the web and see if the paper has surfaced yet.

thanks for all the replys, im looking forwards to the praticle for me the hardest part is over and maybe i can have my life back.

shame about the wait for the result is it about 8/12 weeks.

Does all this come off the top of your head Shakey?

yup.

i makes it up in my sleep, i do:D:D:D:D

oh, and results for the written will be issued by C&G within 42 working days

your tutor can get them directly through the Walled Garden website

(made that up last night);)

I actually meant do you know most of these regs by heart or do you sit there with a copy of them in front of you?

Actually Bane

its all off the top of my head

i do this day in and day out

so yeah, i pretty much know the regs

done the 17th edition update exam last week, got half way through and realised i couldnt answer a maximum Zs question without the regs in front of me

then remembered its on open book exam, someone had to go and fetch me a copy......:eek::eek:

i really need to get out more!!!!:rolleyes:

Reply to ive done it in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock