Discuss Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Not everyone’s cup of tea, but as you see from my profile, I like a bit of science fiction and Lego.... so I’m starting a thread. One official Lego set from my collection per day... should take about 6 months!

In no particular order.... I’ll start with a recent eBay purchase. Missing a few very small parts, but I’ll get them replaced soon enough.

Set 21306, starring John, Paul, George and Ringo..... and Jeremy!

C4233143-4364-48DE-8BF9-976595E2F88E.jpeg

I've just built the yellow Lego Technic Jeep set. That's really good.

youse youngsters with lego. wasn't around when i was a kid. best i had was a meccano set, second hand with bits missing. told to make anything extra needed.

Day 4, and a 4 set bonus.
Bought from a local Facebook seller for very little, looking out for the other skyline sets.

New York, London, Paris, Peckham....
I mean, San Francisco

7C9519D5-7361-48C4-A450-348EC790A47F.jpeg

Love the old technic sets. I had the car chassis set when I was a kid. In fact I've still got it now - I built it again last year. 4 cylinder boxer engine adjustable seats.

Day 8

Sets 42010 and 42011, from 2013. Pull back motors to make them move.
The pair are bought separately, but there are official instructions to combine the two of them into one dragster type vehicle.
An idea that has been repeated in subsequent years.

33A273B5-3311-45B1-BDE4-C0A263CBCFB0.jpeg

Day 9

Set 7965, bought from Legoland Windsor as a 40th birthday present to myself back in 2014. The classic Millennium Falcon styled from the original film A New Hope.

B965EEE2-88C0-4E38-9F1B-C93195DFDEE4.jpeg

I have added C3PO and R2D2 to complete the crew.

0F706EE7-1F52-4170-8DF2-A8D7B3F639EC.jpeg

“Let the Wookie win”

37EFE0B0-102E-4A20-B0D2-EECA14AA0D4F.jpeg

The upper sections open up to allow access to the deck inside. Playable features include the smugglers cargo hold, used to hide in, and the upper/lower guns….

If you’ve never seen the original film…..

FBAD5F63-7BE4-4F54-9F22-1025D60CF702.jpeg

“Spoilers”

Day 10.
Set 8860… my brother had this one as a kid, and I acquired this a couple years ago. Missing a couple of very small parts, and a rubber band for the engine fan.

View attachment 86947

Excellent. That's the one I was referring to earlier. My favourite lego set ever. Got it as a Christmas present in the 1980s and still have it. No box sadly.

A few pieces had gone missing, but I managed to get replacements from ebay.

Only recently did I realise that the 3 gears that can be chosen are only 2... low and middle for pushing it along and watching the pistons, or by moving a few parts, allows you to use only middle and high.... for when you add an electric motor. Instructions to do so are in the book.

Are you starting to wonder how big my display cabinet is, yet?

Only recently did I realise that the 3 gears that can be chosen are only 2... low and middle for pushing it along and watching the pistons, or by moving a few parts, allows you to use only middle and high.... for when you add an electric motor. Instructions to do so are in the book.

Are you starting to wonder how big my display cabinet is, yet?

Yes I remember 'discovering' the hidden gear.

Reply to Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock