Discuss Loadmaster MCB Info!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mags1972

Hi, came across an old farm house that had been converted the other day, it had a three phase supply, and 4 DB's, 2 fed off L1, the other 2 off l2 and l3 respectively as they had been altered at the source for Economy 7.
The Boards were the Dorman Smith 15 series with loadmaster MCBs which are way before my time and obselete from what I now hear.
Just wondered if anyone had any technical info on them for certification purposes, max Zs, SSC, etc as the circuit I worked on was supplied by an 8A breaker, so I used the info for a c type 10A breaker as I was told by a switchgear manufacturer that the loadmaster breakers have a power curve similar to c type MCBS.
And I have recommended that the Db's be modernised :)

there are 2 types of these mcbs if the switch on the mcb is the whole width of the mcb it its type 3
it the switch is small about10mm wide these are type 4
this info came from dorman smith
you can still get these but they are all type 4 now so unlikly to comply

there are 2 types of these mcbs if the switch on the mcb is the whole width of the mcb it its type 3
it the switch is small about10mm wide these are type 4
this info came from dorman smith
you can still get these but they are all type 4 now so unlikly to comply

Thanks Mark, yeah its a type 4 MCB all right!!

Reply to Loadmaster MCB Info!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I’ve been having a strange fault in my house which has just appeared over the past few days. About a month ago I moved my pc set up...
Replies
Views
So I was chatting with a friend tonight (also an electrician) and we were talking about disconnection times of C curve MCBs (as you do) and he was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock