Discuss Lucien Nunes funeral (celebration of life) details...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to post the following details for Lucien's funeral which really will be the celebration of his life.

Golders Green Crematorium
West chapel
1pm, Wednesday the 5th July.

Moving on to Ewen Hall, wood street, Barnet.

No flowers but a donation to either north London hospice or the Marie Curie hospice Hampstead would be most welcome.

Please don't let never having met lucien in real life prevent anyone attending, it would be great to meet some of his virtual friends!

Your previous messages in relation to Lucien have been a great help to the family and his close friends.

On a personal note, I have on more than one occasion felt that I needed to call or text him as I work on some vintage object, to then realise I cant.

I look around me at some of the stuff here and I think, who the eck is going to know how to wire that thing up now!

Wow... thats right in at the Deep end . Really thought provoking.Ive never heard it before . Daniel (friend) was found dead, By his old father (82) .Dan had hung himself. Talented product designer . KInda knew he could find "dark holes to hide in at times" . But according to the inquest .He took his own life at 2am . Between 8-10 pm the night before , we have talked on the phone about all the things that interested us .Classic Alfas ! Good Hifi and his Grade 2 listed property he had been working on. WE laughed and joked like we always did . So to hear the news the next day came as a shock....... It was like a "light switch " moment . I really think during the time we talked , he was not thinking "I am doing it later" . I think he "went too deep into his Black hole " and that was it .He could not escape . I miss him, Dealing with his father is heart breaking . I never thought someone could hide so much inner pain. Its a warning to everyone . "Dont keep it a secret ..... talk "

Last edited:
My wife and I attended Lucien's funeral this afternoon in the leafy district of North London - Golders Green. The chapel was a full house as one might have expected. His family and friends had carefully prepared the service, readings and eulogies and there were amusing and touching video recordings of him from his early childhood through to the final months of his life - including a minute's worth of Lucien laughing uncontrollably which had us doing the same!

We wrote to each other and I visited him several times: I wish now I had spent more time with him before he was struck down with cancer. One of his friends was at pains to say how much he derived satisfaction, enjoyment, comfort and support from the Electricians' Forum.

My wife and I left with great admiration for him. He was clearly loved immensely - but maybe I should put this in the present tense - is still loved immensely in the many memories folk retain of him.

Marconi

My wife and I attended Lucien's funeral this afternoon in the leafy district of North London - Golders Green. The chapel was a full house as one might have expected. His family and friends had carefully prepared the service, readings and eulogies and there were amusing and touching video recordings of him from his early childhood through to the final months of his life - including a minute's worth of Lucien laughing uncontrollably which had us doing the same!

We wrote to each other and I visited him several times: I wish now I had spent more time with him before he was struck down with cancer. One of his friends was at pains to say how much he derived satisfaction, enjoyment, comfort and support from the Electricians' Forum.

My wife and I left with great admiration for him. He was clearly loved immensely - but maybe I should put this in the present tense - is still loved immensely in the many memories folk retain of him.

Marconi
I was able to attend and as Marconi says, it was a carefully prepared service and a true celebration of all things Lucien.

For me, the most memorable bit was meeting a young lad who had traveled all the way from Bradford to pay his respects. This passionate collector of full size cinema projectors had never met Lucien in person but because Lucien had helped him so much on another forum he felt the need to attend.

I think this typifies the respect others had for Lucien's incredible knowledge.

Sadly missed, respected and very knowledged member of the forum, knowledge and understanding beyond my own hence my respect, he has messaged in private and limited access areas of the forum to his condition, such a sad time to see a well respected member of the forum leave us like this, I'm a seasoned electrical engineer of 35 yrs and still this guy taught me stuff . RIP !

Reply to Lucien Nunes funeral (celebration of life) details...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net