Discuss Memshield in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Risteard

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
DB.jpg
Have a job to price with the following DB. I'm presuming from the existing devices that it is Memshield 2. I presume Memshield 3 won't be compatible with it?

Yes that's a memshield 2 board, and no memshield 3 devices are not compatible, this is a source of great annoyance and one reason a lot of us moved away from MEM gear.

Mem2 devices are still available but they charge a premium for them.
What devices do you need, someone might have some new old stock.

Yes that's a memshield 2 board, and no memshield 3 devices are not compatible, this is a source of great annoyance and one reason a lot of us moved away from MEM gear.

Mem2 devices are still available but they charge a premium for them.
What devices do you need, someone might have some new old stock.
Ideally a C32 RCBO, otherwise a C32 MCB with an external RCD. Must check through some of my old MEM stock to see whether I have any MEM2 devices.

You'll need a C32 MCB and an MR30 RCBO 'pod'
Cheers. The pods are silly money (£100+) if I remember correctly. And not sure whether there's a Type A in them. It's for a commando socket so will probably fit an RCD in an interlocked socket.

Reply to Memshield in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is there anything still available new/off the shelf that is compatible with this? e.g. possibly MEM Memshield 2? Thanks Here's a dusty sample...
Replies
Views
Some friends are setting up a metal workshop inside a shipping container, on site at a commercial building that rents out studios, workshop space...
Replies
Views
Replacing DB’s with all singing all dancing RCBO’s Problem’s we have now…Existing installation consisted of DB Grd Floor.. DB 1st Floor…Grd Floor...
Replies
Views
A client has a Kenwood CK405 dual fuel range cooker, for which the smaller of the 2 ovens doesn't work. The elements tested out fine, but live...
Replies
Views
I have just removed a rather expensive CD system from a house. I did explain to the customer that I thought it was worth quite a bit, but they...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock