Discuss One for dragon-av in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

EasyFox

Or any other AV types.
A couple of quick questions to run past you.
I have a customer (local council) who have a mobile (tabletop) projector, they are enquiring if it can be suspended from the ceiling.

Having looked at the unit I dont think it is possible as the base is not flat & has no fixing points, unless you know of a retrofit kit or the likes.

I have told them I dont think it's do-able so they are open to the possibility of a new unit that is made for fixing to the ceiling........any pointers on the best to go for. They only want it to be connected to a laptop via vga cable for slide shows & presentations.

Cheers.

This is the unit they currently have.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/DSC00156.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/DSC00153.jpg

normally they have three small screw holes on the underside (about 0BA)

you just get a universal mount. I normally put a single socket on a spur on the ceiling, and run a 15m VGA cable down a bit of trunking

when its set up you need to flip the image, and set it to the right display, normally forward facing onto the projector (you can display from behind)

new projectors of a decent display are normally about £300 - £400.

off a laptop is fine, but if you run off a normal PC then you will ned a VGA splitter

sorry if thats egg sucking Easy old chap, not sure how much you know about this!

Fitted loads of these in pubs etc, Shakey is spot on.

Can be a bit of a pain to find the image invert in the menu, but apart from that cant realy add anything !

Cheers boys.
Never had a lot to do with projectors till I picked up this little contract with local council.

Sucking eggs Shakey, no matey any advice is greatly received :)

Reply to One for dragon-av in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock