Discuss Oops I really wish I hadn't....... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

oneyearwonder

Hey all, a little audience participation please!!!
I thought I was bad having only had a crappy old company van for two weeks before crashing it, but today heard on the grapevine that one of my colleagues was helping to test some offices during the evening, forgot to turn the air con back on in the sever room after testing Zs on the circuit, the servers overheated through the night and fried all comms and data equipment; insurance reckon about £60,000!!!!!
So feel free to compete, sorry no prize, except huge laughs for some of us I'm sure!!!
Cheers
Oneyearwonder

Hey all, a little audience participation please!!!
I thought I was bad having only had a crappy old company van for two weeks before crashing it, but today heard on the grapevine that one of my colleagues was helping to test some offices during the evening, forgot to turn the air con back on in the sever room after testing Zs on the circuit, the servers overheated through the night and fried all comms and data equipment; insurance reckon about £60,000!!!!!
So feel free to compete, sorry no prize, except huge laughs for some of us I'm sure!!!
Cheers
Oneyearwonder

Colleague looking for another job by any chance:eek:

Colleague looking for another job by any chance:eek:

I'm not at liberty to say!!! That makes it sound like it was me doesnt it.....
Hehe it really wasnt me, but i'm not sure what action has been taken

I drove into the filler pipe for an underground propane storage tank and caused the evacuation of an entire neighborhood. My truck had to be lifted by crane off the propane filler. That was pretty spectacular. No fire, but lots and lots of fire trucks on the scene for a couple days while all the propane leaked out.

very nice mdshunk, thats definitely winner at the moment.
another colleague told me that a few years ago he was working in a gun shop and fixing a pattress to the wall he drilled right through into a case of ammunition in the store room.
Could have ended in tears.......

I managed to knock a complete hospital out of action, (in my younger days -;) only off for 30 seconds or so. I dropped a 17mm spanner in busbar chamber, how? Well I losened final bolt, put spanner on top removed bolt with fingers, withdrew lid which caught spanner..you can guess the rest, like world war three for a few seconds, the lid prob saved my eyes from major damage.

It was quite scary! especially for the foreman, who was in the pub at the time, he was going to work on connecting to live busbar for fire alarm panel when he got back, in the event there was one blue busbar and half a neutral bar left intact, at least he could now work on a dead circuit -;)

I expected big time ****. But no, the boss gave me a couple of days off...they don't make bosses like they used to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was working as a mate at a large schwepes bottled drinks factory I was drilling too close to some existing data cables into the main control room, and yup, slipped and wripped up all the data cables and the whole factory stopped production!! Funny that we dont make the same mistakes twice!! My boss was cool about the whole thing and had production back up within the hour, and I kept my job!

I drove into the filler pipe for an underground propane storage tank and caused the evacuation of an entire neighborhood. My truck had to be lifted by crane off the propane filler. That was pretty spectacular. No fire, but lots and lots of fire trucks on the scene for a couple days while all the propane leaked out.

Playing at Red Adair where we mdshunk:D

While an apprentice we were putting in a new fire alarm system in a factory, whilst pulling a pyro into the boiler room it hit the lever which operated the CO2 for putting out any fires in the boiler room. :eek:

Fastest exit ever from the boiler room, went and told a fitter what had happend to which he replied 'No problem we test a bottle every so often' my answer was 'One bottle maybe but we have discharged the lot' (a total of 15 bottles) he replied our fault you told us you where going in there and should have put the safety pin in to stop this happening while working in there.

Met up with him a few years later when I moved house and joke about it often when where in the pub.

Better with Green Adair :D

Do you know who Red Adair was spudmiester?

Last edited:
When I was doing my course one idiot there asked the instructor if he could touch a live busbar. Instructor pointed out to him that if he'd been listening and reading the books he'd already know the answer. Bloke decided that because the unit had an rcd in it it would be fine and promptly ended up the other side of the room!

He didn't last much longer on the course!!

I was carrying out maintenance on a remote island farm down the Falkland Islands.

Found a scruffy bit of flex going through a hole in the window, that seemed to disapear into the wasteland beyond.

well, i thought, Lets switch it off, and see what goes out.

Switch it off, nothing goes out.

Disconnects and discards.

Following day a 'chopper' arrives unexpectedly with a very irate 'cable and wireless' (the telecoms people down there) engineer on board. (considering it 4 hours straight flight from the 'base'!:eek:)

Turns out the scruufy bit of flex was the supply for the microwave transmitter providing the entire communications and telephone system for the West Falkland Islands (thats an area about the size of Wales)

And they couldnt exactly phone me to tell me to reconnect it.......

oops!:p

I was carrying out maintenance on a remote island farm down the Falkland Islands.

Found a scruffy bit of flex going through a hole in the window, that seemed to disapear into the wasteland beyond.

well, i thought, Lets switch it off, and see what goes out.

Switch it off, nothing goes out.

Disconnects and discards.

Following day a 'chopper' arrives unexpectedly with a very irate 'cable and wireless' (the telecoms people down there) engineer on board. (considering it 4 hours straight flight from the 'base'!:eek:)

Turns out the scruufy bit of flex was the supply for the microwave transmitter providing the entire communications and telephone system for the West Falkland Islands (thats an area about the size of Wales)

And they couldnt exactly phone me to tell me to reconnect it.......

oops!:p

You've been to Benny country as well a Shakey?:D

As an apprentice I was drilling through a wall...
I was wondering why it was taking so long as it was only a 4inch wall,I pulled the drill bit back out to see was it blunt when out with the bit came this trickle of water through the hole
I had just drilled through a hot water cylinder...The whole place flooded!!!

i knew there would be some crackers in here, next time we have a bad day at work, lets just take a moment to reflect on others msfortune, while fighting the laughter-induced incontinence!!!!!!
Keep going, i'm starting to think this could be like a confessional; repent, and ye shall be saved!!!!!!!!!

I saw an apprentice bring a cherry picker down onto a sprinkler system in a factory that makes ball bearings for Honda etc. He totalled all the machinery, gaffer said it cost insurance £600k !! Site foreman took the wrap and said he was driving cos the apprentice did`nt have IPAF then the gaffer gave the foreman £200 ! cos if he hadnt taken the wrap and had told the truth insurance wouldnt have paid out !

On the Uganda when it was trooping between Ascension and Falklands of a place only time I've seen horizontal snow.

you got it Ian

the most pointless lump of desolate rock i have ever been to

jeez what a hole

i remember the early days, lying on a bunk, listening to a friggin' darts match on the radio, or a netball match from the one and only school

and recorded TV - so what do the 'authorities' play on the broadcast TV on Sunday afternoon, for 2 and half thousand squaddies, sailers and airmen 8 thousand miles from home? the latest Bruce Willis or Sly Stallone? Perhaps a re-run of some big match or fight? No - we got 3 and half hours of the nutcracker suite from the childrens royal ballet. AND we watched it!

Reply to Oops I really wish I hadn't....... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock