Discuss “Recent” drop down list in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Not an ads problem this time, more an observation.

The “unread posts” drop down list used to give a list of all unread posts. The top few were highlighted yellow, indicating unread, and the remaining in orange…(terracotta?)
The yellow ones would change to orange as you clicked through to read them.

For the last couple of days, I’ve clicked the icon to drop the list, and the yellow ones change colour within seconds, before I’ve visited those posts.

On safari, iphone11 iOS 17.0.3
Not checked on laptop.

Its the little bell icon on the right, Dan.:- "Alerts"

1707416810586.png

So these had a yellow background, but changed to this orange colour basically as soon as it opened.... rather than after id visited the link and read the post it refers to.

This is on Edge, on Windows 11.. so it has happened on both phone and laptop.

And as you can see on the right... im still getting ads... but at least this one, im likely to use the product. :)

I get you now mate.

Ads: bear with me a week or so. Just today again Google have announced new features for publishers, some launched in the US-only by the looks of it, so I'm doing a bit of testing here and there, when I do that, I lose some variables as I'd rather get the test done using lots of traffic (so all users - subscribed, logged in, logged out, less than x posts, more than x posts - so using the whole forum traffic) and a shorter amount of time, than configure each test for each ad spot for each user group. Only to then find subscribed users don't ever click on a certain spot.

Regarding the alerts for threads you've read v ones you haven't: that's my fault again (ha - as always) as I'm messing around with the search box and surrounding code, and it looks like I haven't closed a tag. So I'll go find it now. :)

I'm also running some tests on an actual test domain (with no traffic) too. And that has its own problems lol

That was Lou's fault. She added it by mistake, and I clocked it today.

I'll get on the ads again tomorrow morning. I found Google launched another ad feature last night, then a notice about them changing their login system (for Google accounts Inc Gmail and YouTube not the forum).

If you're into shares I'd buy alphabet shares now. Google are changing big things like search soon.

Reply to “Recent” drop down list in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock