Discuss Retrofit lugs in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

lurch

-
Reaction score
Guys. I have a strange one here where I have some existing single boxes in the wall all plastered in, with pvc conduit installed, an absolute dream to re-wire, however these boxes do not have any lugs fitted. I seem to remember in my fading memory there was a "yoke" that could be fitted retrospectively. any ideas if these still exist and where I can get them from.

Rgds
Tony

No lugs ? Are you sure they aren't just bent back ? Or are they the type that had plastic lugs that fell out ?

Are you on about an extension ring ? Neweys were the last place I found them on the shelf.
Metal_Electrical_Switch_Box_Extension.jpg_200x200.jpg

I think this is what you're after IMG_0330.jpgthese are called conversion brackets , I have a few , can't remember where I got them from , they were used for the old cast iron boxes and dolly switches with front plates..

Just looked them up the part no is 3840Z1C Made by MK , £3.66 each

Must be 20 years ago I last used these...

Last edited by a moderator:
If i ever get a broken lug on a metal back box all i do is drill a 3mm hole in the back of the box and thread tap it. Screw goes directly in the back box. No messy plaster board when removing old box. Just make sure you go deep enough in so the screw can pass into the block behind.

They used to be more common place but a lot of those old properties had VIR singles and by now most would have been rewired , so there is less demand for them now I guess , you will still come across them now and again when fittings get replaced though Im sure ,......I used to have boxes of them on the van , still have a few knocking around.........

Reply to Retrofit lugs in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello. New member here. Electrical enthusiast. I am at a friend's house in the Bahamas and decided to look at the load center in the house, which...
Replies
Views
I have an older Crouse Hinds board with a 200A service. Due to recent rehab on the house, I found I have the need to install a sub panel. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
BMS installers have attended. After fitting the panel they also replaced the aged lighting in the boiler room with 6ft LED battens as instructed...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock