Discuss Snow...schools shut ! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And now I have to stay home ! The world has gone so soft, I can cannot remember ever not going to school due to snow. We just set of early and walked in

Don't start me on this one!!

The world has gone soft full stop, all this ----- footing around is just creating a load of "snowflakes" (pun intended).

My school never closed, ever. Oh, actually come to think of it there was once a bomb scare, where we had to vacate the premises for a few hours.

I can remember blissfully sitting in class with my coat gloves and scarf on (not really but we didn't complain that much) just getting on with it while Mr wet pants, cigarette in mouth shaking his head whilst looking at the 1900's boiler system that was now broken (usually for a few days).

I'm still working with my shorts on.

More serious note... I think one of the issues is that we don't see snow anymore like we used to due to climate change, so nobody actually has a datum anymore. Different in Scotland, but generally speaking anyone south of the Lakes probably hasn't seen 'proper' snow for 25+ years, hence we now have an entire generation of very literal 'snowflakes' who don't know what to do and think it's big news.

Thank the gods!

You would probably be arrested if you took them off at work!

😀
Mmm...Yeah..... Probably depends on the gig, to be fair.

costumesideas_009_fleausable.jpg

More serious note... I think one of the issues is that we don't see snow anymore like we used to due to climate change, so nobody actually has a datum anymore. Different in Scotland, but generally speaking anyone south of the Lakes probably hasn't seen 'proper' snow for 25+ years, hence we now have an entire generation of very literal 'snowflakes' who don't know what to do and think it's big news.
I do have to admit though these days I do seem to be more nesh than I remember being.

Its bloody cold today!

Schools are still open around here which suprises me. Normally we get one flake of snow, the shops instantly sell out of bread and milk and the schools close.

I remember my primary school being closed once in the 80s, due to snow. Our lane was drifted 4' deep, but my sister still got to school - we'd no way of clearing the lane, once a neighbours tractor got stuck in it, so used a field for access. The reason my school was shut was almost every family farmed and kids were needed there more than at school.

Reply to Snow...schools shut ! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net