Discuss What is this pipe on our pool deck? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

Westside

DIY
Reaction score
We have a mystery pipe on our pool deck in Southern California. Photos are here:

Do you think it contains electrical wires? If so, would it be 110V AC or 220V AC? It's located in a place that might be suitable for an outdoor (electric?) grill. Or perhaps it's a gas pipe, for a permanent BBQ/grill?

The markings on the top cap include the word KOREA. Other symbols look like a bell, and maybe the number 15 or 16. The round symbol I can't decipher.

The pipe's outside diameter is 0.37 inches.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Don't want to mess with it until I have a better sense of what's in there.

unscrew the cap. if you smell gas, put it back on.

It's either going to be gas or water.
Are you certain about the size, 0.37 inches, that would make it one eighth inch internal bore

Last edited:
We have a mystery pipe on our pool deck in Southern California. Photos are here:

Do you think it contains electrical wires? If so, would it be 110V AC or 220V AC? It's located in a place that might be suitable for an outdoor (electric?) grill. Or perhaps it's a gas pipe, for a permanent BBQ/grill?

The markings on the top cap include the word KOREA. Other symbols look like a bell, and maybe the number 15 or 16. The round symbol I can't decipher.

The pipe's outside diameter is 0.37 inches.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Don't want to mess with it until I have a better sense of what's in there.
That is not an electrical pipe, it is a water line that has been capped off. Nothing to worry about.

why have a shower when youse just bin wet through in the pool?

Well in case you don't know, its to wash off your suncream before you get into the pool, so you don't leave an oily film around the edge of the pool, also useful to wash off the pool chemicals when you get out of the pool, so the accumulative effect does not rot the fabric on the loungers.

i never use sun cream or pollute water with chemicals. United Utoiletries do enough as it is. tap water full of chlorine.

Almost 2 years later, I have the answer -- it's a gas pipe.
Being galvanized and many decades old, its long underground run started leaking. The Gas Company rep had a meter, which led him along our pool deck (with drains) in the direction of this pipe stub.
So, I guess the idea was to provide for a BBQ, which nobody ever installed.
I found the run originating under the house, heading in that direction, and had it cut and capped there.
Thanks everybody for your comments here.

Almost 2 years later, I have the answer -- it's a gas pipe.
Being galvanized and many decades old, its long underground run started leaking. The Gas Company rep had a meter, which led him along our pool deck (with drains) in the direction of this pipe stub.
So, I guess the idea was to provide for a BBQ, which nobody ever installed.
I found the run originating under the house, heading in that direction, and had it cut and capped there.
Thanks everybody for your comments here.

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted.

Reply to What is this pipe on our pool deck? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock