Discuss Where's your Tool!?! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Re: Where's your F***ing Tool!?!

never had nothing nicked, touch wood!, but lost **** loads above ceilings and on top of ducts, also enjoy leaving my magnetic boat level underneath a bit of tray that is way up in the skys then not noticing till the cherry picker is grounded, great stuff.

Here's a question for ya..

For example..Someone offers you a mint/new bosch 36v sds drill, Its in its case, no unsightly marks, looks like new, with 2 batterys and charger. its £399 in your wholsalers. You get offered it for say £60.

Now without asking questions, or without being told your 99% sure its been stolen.. as its at a silly price.

Would you instantly have it straight off him? would you be bothered about asking where its from..

I know we all would hate any of our kit being nicked, and in a perfect world this wouldnt happen. but it does. and i doubt it will stop.

Just curious on how many of us have been offered "suspicious goods" and what your reaction is to "Trev" who is selling it down the boozer.

(I wouldnt be supprised if i dont get any answers on this)

Hi,everyone
Worked on one site where I had my two pairs of pump pliers nicked,I had put some yellow heat shrink on the handles to make easy to see.Anyway about two years later went to a customers house to wire a new kitchen,and the plumber was there,and lo and behold he was removing pipework with pump pliers with lovely yellow heat shrink handles!:eek:

Here's a question for ya..

For example..Someone offers you a mint/new bosch 36v sds drill, Its in its case, no unsightly marks, looks like new, with 2 batterys and charger. its £399 in your wholsalers. You get offered it for say £60.

Now without asking questions, or without being told your 99% sure its been stolen.. as its at a silly price.

Would you instantly have it straight off him? would you be bothered about asking where its from..

I know we all would hate any of our kit being nicked, and in a perfect world this wouldnt happen. but it does. and i doubt it will stop.

Just curious on how many of us have been offered "suspicious goods" and what your reaction is to "Trev" who is selling it down the boozer.

(I wouldnt be supprised if i dont get any answers on this)
I would be gutted if it was mine,Now when you buy Bosch brand new your details are recorded as part of the guarantee .I think I would get the guys number and tell him I would ring him tomorrow,then phone the police.
Would Bosch be allowed to release info under the data protection act?
All my power tools are engraved with my initials and phone number ,and I have photos and seperate records of manufacture numbers etc.

The police are too useless to return any of the stuff anyway so keeping records of numbers probably won't help
It takes too long to take all drills etc out of the van every day
When you have 2 tools kits
About 8 drills....
Where do you stop...some want the copper so are you going to unload all of the cable??

The police are too useless to return any of the stuff anyway so keeping records of numbers probably won't help
It takes too long to take all drills etc out of the van every day
When you have 2 tools kits
About 8 drills....
Where do you stop...some want the copper so are you going to unload all of the cable??

Can be a right pain, I always take certain items out my van, tester ect... then i just back right up to my house, I have security lights front back and sides of my house, and 4 cctv cameras recording 24hrs, I'd like to think this would put the theives off. But then if they really want something bad enough they'll get it anyway.

I did once have to hunt for my mobile when it rang. After several more rings I found it under the floorboards I had just nailed down!
That happened to me on Sunday. A simple job of putting in some downlighters turned into a nightmare as I had spent nearly 2 hours emptying the room, pulling up the carpet and foam, removing the floorboards before putting it all back down as good as when I arrived. I then rang my mobile and heard it downstairs, went downstairs to hear it ringing upstairs...... you get the story.

Gutted

Reply to Where's your Tool!?! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock