Discuss Which tool belt? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have got lots of pockets:D

No seriously i also use the CK one but i usually end up with the contents of the van in it and it ends up around my bottom.:eek: not a nice sight

Used to have one of the bt ones but went missing and can't find replacement now got the ck one does the job

Oh what a nightmare,

ive had a dewalt electricians toolbelt and pouch for the past 9 years and it has finaly worn a hole in the bottom.

Worst part is they no longer make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive searched and searched but just cant find one i like. I ordered the makita one and now its turnned up i realy dont think it is big enough for what i want.

Ive looked at the recomendations on here and realy like the Occidental Leather ones.

Anyone got anything else to suggest??

Dave

CK tool belt system any day,used to have a makita belt system which was brilliant until some scum bag walked off with it !

I use the Makita electricians pouch coupled with a hammer and tape holder and it's perfect for the essential bits of kit required for the task, mainly when on a pair of steps. Just need to add a couple of holsters for the cordless drills now.
Before anyone else say's it I don't need spurs or a stetson, yeehahh.. lol :2guns:

I've tried about 6 or 7 belts, not found one yet where it's comfortable, doesn't spill out your tools when you sit down on the floor, and easy to get the tools out. The last two requirements always appear to be at conflict with each other.

I hate having drills/hammers/long items attached as they are heavy and dig into you when you're moving around

Heavy pouches need big wide belts which again are uncomfortable when moving around - great when just standing but I'm always up a ladder then in a low cellar and then crawling around the floor installing sockets

I think I'm looking for the holly grail - might have to get a saddler friend of mine to make me a "special" one.

Lee

I've got a AWP harness rig one that i bought in lowes when i was on holiday in florida a few years back.it is huge but quite comfy with the shoulder straps spreading the weight about a bit.soon as u put it on the customers are always"christ this guy knows what he is doing!"the subterfuge doesn't last tho! i think u can get a similar bucket boss one from rutlands that is quite good as well. i find sticking drivers in the stanley knife holster things stops the holes getting poked through for awhile

Just seen this on the Screwfix site - I think I'd fall over will all this lot - although it would all spill out on the floor so you could get up again
Which tool belt? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not get yourself a pair of the Snickers Duratwill trousers with pouches. Think the part number is 3312. I don't think I would ever wear anything else. Thats about 4 years I have been wearing them. Still have my first pair as well. Very very hardwearing. Great buy.

I've tried about 6 or 7 belts, not found one yet where it's comfortable, doesn't spill out your tools when you sit down on the floor, and easy to get the tools out. The last two requirements always appear to be at conflict with each other.

I hate having drills/hammers/long items attached as they are heavy and dig into you when you're moving around

Heavy pouches need big wide belts which again are uncomfortable when moving around - great when just standing but I'm always up a ladder then in a low cellar and then crawling around the floor installing sockets

I think I'm looking for the holly grail - might have to get a saddler friend of mine to make me a "special" one.

Lee

Have a look at the toughbuilt stuff looks quite handy. Tempted to make a purchase

http://www.toughbuilt.co.uk/default.asp?p=1

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

ASDA carrier bag for me :)

Seriously though, I used both a tool vest and/or a CK tool pouch - depending on what I was doing: sparking, plumbing or gas work, but I often found most of the gear ended-up in my trouser pockets or lying on the floor.

My Dewalt trouser pockets are good for most items. If in an office block or the like when i need a few more tools when up a step, I use a leather deal that I got from a local hardware store.

Reply to Which tool belt? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock