Discuss Why????????????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simbin

Upon arriving at an existing installation today, i was confronted by a bedroom light that didn't work but had a 'pulse' every couple of seconds. Can anybody explain why or come across this before??:confused:

Low energy lamp? I've had it befor with these where the switch was letting through a tiny amount of voltage and the lamp pulsed from it.

I've come across it with a couple of cfl,s. I assumed it to be the starter pulse the same as in larger tubes. Just junked the bulbs and replaced with new.

Reply to Why????????????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I've installed a Monsoon Extractor Fan kit today, all is up and running and everything is working with the exception of the LED. When I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was ironing and lost power to the bedroom and bathroom. All outlets and lights. I checked the box and reset breakers still no power. I...
Replies
Views
Had to replace a Light Switch with a faulty dimmer. The New Light Switch is wired different from the old one but appears to work ok Can someone...
Replies
Views
Today I went to fix a minor loose screw on something and after switching off, etc, got out my Martindale VT12 continuity & voltage tester and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the forum. Thanks for letting me join. Asking for some diy advicd… I’m trying to add a couple more security lights to the existing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock