Discuss 16th or 17th in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
An extension that has been self build and has by the very name taken some time, is just about finished. The board was changed at the onset back in 2006 with the addition circuits added as and when relative parts of the extension were ready. The board was split load but not a dual split as per the 17th. As the work began back in 2006 when the planning permission was issued is this consumer unit Ok

As i understand it, by the book, we were given six months to complete any works that were designed to the 16th.

But as we are out of that period, the CU may have to be changed.

Best thing to do is talk to your electrician and see what he says as its his name on the cert.

Personally i dont see it as a problem as i would fill the cert stating design etc was to 16th.

Either that or just replace the MCB's of the circuits that were worked on with RCBO's, then that will comply as long as everything else is up to date, earthing etc, which it should be seeing as your cu was changed a couple of years ago.

Reply to 16th or 17th in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Am I on the right lines, I ask? I've just recently moved into this house which is nicely equipped with a large 15 circuit CU unit with a split...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've got a job where I'm installing dado trunking on the floor of an office for sockets and data. Some info on job - In total I will be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Good morning , My name is Martin and I hope someone can help. I am planning to install domestic roller shutter onto our home. At first , I was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock