Discuss 17th Edition ! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

madmatt

Hey everyone just a quick one, I am working daily full time as an Electrician and also Air Conditioning Engineer in Jersey, and also have my own business registered for out of hours work for myself. ;)

What I am wondering about is the regs, part P etc are all a bit relaxed as far as working here and my employer has not told us at all if we are for example;
technically not qualified or allowed to carry out our work due to none of us as yet gaining any quals from college to get us up to date with 17th Edition regs ?? does anyone know if we really need to have covered and passed a course by now and are we working illegally ??

also I started my 2391 testing but was badly ill for the exams and a couple of lessons at the end, I paid for this course myself and it was extortionate, anybody know if i need this passed to complete the part P certification as I am thinking one day I may end up working abroad or in U.K. mainland and I guess at present I would not be allowed to work ??? Cheers in advance, Matt....

Hey everyone just a quick one, I am working daily full time as an Electrician and also Air Conditioning Engineer in Jersey, and also have my own business registered for out of hours work for myself. ;)

What I am wondering about is the regs, part P etc are all a bit relaxed as far as working here and my employer has not told us at all if we are for example;
technically not qualified or allowed to carry out our work due to none of us as yet gaining any quals from college to get us up to date with 17th Edition regs ?? does anyone know if we really need to have covered and passed a course by now and are we working illegally ??

also I started my 2391 testing but was badly ill for the exams and a couple of lessons at the end, I paid for this course myself and it was extortionate, anybody know if i need this passed to complete the part P certification as I am thinking one day I may end up working abroad or in U.K. mainland and I guess at present I would not be allowed to work ??? Cheers in advance, Matt....

matt , part p and 2391 are entriely unconnected.

Part P concenrs inititial verifications, and 2391 concerns periodic inspection of existing installations.

hey shakey I thought / was led to believe by our college lecturer that C & G 2391 is actually full first signing off of installations and also periodic too ?
I know part P is different but like you have seperate areas like domestic installer cert only on part P or higher levels if not doing just domestic work ?

Reply to 17th Edition ! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net