Search the forum,

Discuss 1962 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, just been watching a documentary about RAF Ben****ers, and the Cuban Missile Crisis was a topic under discussion, got me thinking about that era and where a bouts and what, or where I was working.

Now for all the youngsters about, don't worry this aint a History lesson, I remember where I was, City of Bath Girls School, as an Apprentice rewiring the School with MICC a nice job, but at the time being a 17 year old, I was scared s---less thinking about what might happen, a good job both sides came to their senses.

Just thinking can any of the older statesmen members recall where and what they were doing, yes I'm bored again. It would be interesting to get your thoughts, it was a scary time.

i was just coming up to "O" Levels at the time. not long out of short pants.

I remember where I was, City of Bath Girls School, (before my sex change)

^^^ :rofl: Had to be done mate, sorry.

1962 is a decade before my time. But my dad was stationed in Cyprus with my mum and two older sisters (one was born on the island). As you say, it was a very difficult time in history and we should all feel lucky that it did not kick off.

probably database, the amount of time he's on the keyboard. :44:

i was just coming up to "O" Levels at the time. not long out of short pants.

O levels? crikey aren't you the lucky one, UEIs for me, mind you it was a secondary Modern School did 5th form but then it was out to work for you my Son.

Which base? were you based on

Not me, it was my dad. He must have been based near the boarder before the conflict ended due to the stories he told me about being shot at from the other side of the boarder whilst in an armored truck (M.O.D. bus service) on a Friday/Saturday night going to the main town. Their was always one clown after a few drinks on the way back that used to stick his bum out of the trucks door in defiance lol.

For me, I was just coming out of nappies and going into shorts. I've have memories of the following year, when the Cubans shot Kennedy, or is that just a conspiracy theory.

1963. strolling bones released I wanna be your man. I bought it.

Reply to 1962 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net