Discuss 2 core or 3 coree luj SWA??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dragon-av

2 core or 3 core SWA??? For exterior lights?

HI chaps for garden lighting is in acceptable to use 2 core SWA? or should you use 3 core and earth one interal conductor and the sheild? The cicuit is for garden lights not power and the luminaires all use 2 wire connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2 core or 3 core SWA??? For exterior lights?

HI chaps for garden lighting is in acceptable to use 2 core SWA? or should you use 3 core and earth one interal conductor and the sheild? The cicuit is for garden lights not power and the luminaires all use 2 wire connections.

you dont actually have to use SWA, that is only a requirement outside for unprotected buried cables

You may well consider that SWA is the most suitable cable, but is not an absolute requirement

It is quite acceptable to use the armour as your CPC, so two core would meet the regs

sounds like class 2 fittings (made of plastic are they) so probably no earth tag on them.
so why have an earth? so that when somone puts the spade through the cable a path is available and your mcb trips. shakey is bang on 2 core ok. be careful when stripping back that s w a if only there was a tool to do it !!!!!

sounds like class 2 fittings (made of plastic are they) so probably no earth tag on them.
so why have an earth? so that when somone puts the spade through the cable a path is available and your mcb trips. shakey is bang on 2 core ok. be careful when stripping back that s w a if only there was a tool to do it !!!!!

Fittings are to be ordered the SWA needs burying first. As regards a tool i have seen this Bladerunner SWA Stripper for £20 it might be worth while. I'll see

On a side note how do you guys rate the following?

rear garden 4 sodium floods, 600 led bulbs, 6 walk over LEDs and 10m of ropelighting.
front 3 sodium floods, 6 spots. is that large for an exterior job? medium?

there are also 4 speakers and scene control going in with auto dawn and dusk operation and remote control.

mbarrett wouldnt be thinking of the tool he's been developing by any chance would he ?

SWA is easy to strip with practice. Tools for mules!!!

hunted around in my toolbox

found a stanley knife and a jumior hacksaw

but havent a clue what to with them - wasnt listening see, i was just dreaming of Marty inventing his "swa - O' Matic"

lets hear it.......

gadgets, gadgets, rah rah rah:p

mbarrett wouldnt be thinking of the tool he's been developing by any chance would he ?

Bugger , you rumbled me Wayne.
Yes my all singing all dancing s w a stripper. Makes the Bladerunner look like the pile of poo that it is.It is just a hacksaw blade in a pipe cutter.
As you probably know my tool does both circumferential cuts simultaneously through insulation and strands and then performs the axial cut down the length of the insulation.
It can work on any size of cable,is accurate ,safer and faster. It has other uses for stripping other cables but not looked into it too much.Sorry to go on about it but need to gauge response from the proffesionals that hope to sell it to.:confused:

Bugger , you rumbled me Wayne.
Yes my all singing all dancing s w a stripper. Makes the Bladerunner look like the pile of poo that it is.It is just a hacksaw blade in a pipe cutter.
As you probably know my tool does both circumferential cuts simultaneously through insulation and strands and then performs the axial cut down the length of the insulation.
It can work on any size of cable,is accurate ,safer and faster. It has other uses for stripping other cables but not looked into it too much.Sorry to go on about it but need to gauge response from the proffesionals that hope to sell it to.:confused:

sorry marty, but we are hardly hammering your door down are we:p

keep banging the drum and get a prototype for field testing as soon as possible

Reply to 2 core or 3 coree luj SWA??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock