Discuss 2382 rubbish in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

supersparkie

paid £47 for so called 2382 course material from Electrcourse, what a waste of money.
it is a badly written revamped 16th edition There is better material out their for less than £20 so do not waste your money:mad:

Very surprised to see this. I bought the corse from electacorse and sat my exam at Lockwell with 5 others who had paid almost 500 quid for a 4 day residential course. I passed with 89% which was higher than all the others had and I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and they were electricians! Saved myself 450 quid. Also they dont have an exam simulator which was included with the electacorse course. I was getting 90% on the simulator and had 89% in the actual 2382 exam, so I'm well pleased. I know at least 4 others who also passed with electacorse. Thought I'd answer this as you seem to be answering your own posts supersparkie! all the best:)

i opted to do home study after reading posts on the forum
for doing the 17th update it was the best option for me as i knew the regs reasonably well
if i had gone through a college or training centre i would have spent money i didn't need to

I bought the domlec course and have to be honest thought it was a waste of money. It's full of HSE documents which can be downloaded for free from the HSE website and domlec are charging for them! The only thing he'd written himself was an 87 page file which had lots of blank pages in and had no logical format.

By far the most useful thing for me was the exam simulator which came with the 2382 course from electacourse its exactly like the actual exam I sat and I even came across many questions in the exam that were almost identical to the ones in the simulator.

I suppose we've all got different ways of learning but the electacourse course was brilliant for me and I've just bought their 2377 course which is just as good and I'll be booking in for the exam shortly. Two useful qualifications for under 100 quid, can't be bad!

Hi Wayne, the C & G simulator is nothing like the actual exam tho! The one I bought was literally identical to the actual exam i sat.

Have to agree on that one, i used the original electacourse 2381 simulator for revision with a copy of the regs and then got a discounted 2382 sim from them for a fiver and passed the full exam....found it very helpfull for studying, but then in Waynes defense i didn't know about the c&g freebie one so would have probably of tried that first anyway....:)

I thought the City and Guilds were very down on braindumps, if these people have the questions and answer verbatum then it makes the qualification meaningless and anyone taking their course unskilled. As to being a revamped 16th Edition I would have thought all the courses are this being as most of the 16th is still present in the 17th Edition. I did my 16th at my local college and was very happy with the way it was presented and the lecturers depth of knowledge, we did not have braindumps just direction as to which details of the book to remember and how to find something using the index and layout. With lots of example questions, the whole point is for the student to be able to find information in the book not remember all the Q and A in the test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done my 2382 and glad to say I passed but had to laugh as we where given some sample papers from DomLec and when answering some of the questions they were not for the 17th but the 16th as the words EEBADS and Zone C popped up which are no longer used.

Reply to 2382 rubbish in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net