Discuss 2392 Course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

I live in Norfolk an would like to do the 2392 course and then eventually go onto the 2394/5. Does anyone know of any training centers fairly local to Norfolk? Currently speaking to a few centers but all seem to be a couple hundred miles away and therefore looking at accommodation etc.

There are Providers in Cambridge that do the 2394/5 but not the 2392. Just out of curiosity why do you want to do the 2392? Do you lack experience or confidence?

Well I spoke to one of the other training providers and they recommended the 2392. I guess I lack experience in testing and inspection but have been doing alot of research so maybe I could go straight into the 2394?

what are your thoughts?

straight into the 2394/5. but get a copy of GN3 and swot up on terminology. do some practice papers.

West Anglia college do the 2394/5 courses but not the 2392.

The 2394 is step up from the 2392, but the 2392 is very basic.
If you read guidance note 3 and it is all making sense then practise your testing somewhere safe and re read guidance note three.
Then do the course and remember it adn you shoudl be OK for the exam.

Thanks very much Richard, Sounds like I should be fit to go straight into the 2394 on the basis I do some revision

Yep. I believe the 2392 is a starter course aimed at those that have not done any basic theory or practice in testing and inspection. If you have done your 2330 (like I see from your profile you have) it will have been covered in that course.

They will make more money selling you the 2392 then the 2394/5 at a later date.

Maybe my thinking is a bit cynical! :)

I would get GN3 and read it every day. Have a read of GS38 and remember what is statutory & non statutory like EAWR & BS7671 etc.

Best of luck with it. :smile:

They are both the same qualifications, but I would say C&G is more widely recognised.

OK I just read the following:

All the exams and assessments associated with the EAL courses are undertaken before you leave the training centre which is not the case with the City and Guilds courses as you will have to return potentially two months later to sit a written exam, which will affect your pass rate

is there much truth behind this? and are both exams relatively the same

EAL has practical exams followed by 55 questions in 90 minutes with GN3 allowed in the exam.
This is the same for both parts.
I passed the first lot last week.
I have the Periodic ones over the next two weekends.
Cheers
B

Reply to 2392 Course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net