Discuss 2392 in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bahco

been talking to a mate of mine today and he was telling me about the 2392, the way he put it across was that its mainly for domestic, no 3 phase anybody done it or no any more info on it?

sounds quite interesting, especially after hearing the horror stories of the 2391 test

The 2392 is the Fundamental cerificate in inspection & testing

its an online multi-choice exam, and an initial Verification on a single phase test board.

is a 4 way CU with a ring, a radial, a cooker switch and two way lighting

Its level 2, and the inspection and testing is about the same level as the EAL Domestic Installers course

hope this helps!

im doing the 2391 at the moment and its very difficult as ive found the previous test questions are very badley worded. in fact at the moment im thinking its worst 340 quid ive ever spent.

what our tutor has told us is the 2391 is going to be split into 3 parts cant really remember all of it.

hmm sounds interesting, so at the end of the course if you pass can you then test a domestic property?

Bahco, but that's the thing, you dont NEED anything to TEST anything

The requirement is COMPETENCE

So holding 2392 or 2391 is simply a measure of your competence, a way of proving you can (theoretically) do the job

Obviously, if i were an employer taking something on, someone with a formal certificate in inspection & testing is a better bet than someone who just says they can do it

I personally think the 2392 is a good thing - it is meant specifically for those new to the industry as a stepping stone to the 2391.

But remember, its Initial Verification, i.e. testing your own work, not PIR's

and its not sepcifically domestic. You could certainly be asked commercial/industrial questions in the exam. Only thing is, it doesnt cover three phase

good luck:)

thanks for that shakey made things a lot clearer.

when you say pir's do you mean a periodic inspection? is that were you have to test the premises every ten years?

i think im going to sign up for the 2392 after ive done my 17th edition, then wait a while get a bit more experience then go for the 2391

thanks mate

thanks for that shakey made things a lot clearer.

when you say pir's do you mean a periodic inspection? is that were you have to test the premises every ten years?

i think im going to sign up for the 2392 after ive done my 17th edition, then wait a while get a bit more experience then go for the 2391

thanks mate

Yeah,

PIR 's are periodic inspection reports.

The focus on 2392 is intitial verification (inspecting testing your own work, as 'new' work)

Focus of 2391 is inspecting, testing and REPORTING on existing installations. However, the actual testing is pretty much the same - Zs is Zs in whatever context you are doing it!

good luck

Reply to 2392 in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock