Discuss 36volt Bosch "professional" in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

LastManOnline

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bought this recently from Screwfix.Battery operated. First impression when I used it was that it sounded a bit "tinney". I drilled a 22mm hole in a wall and could immediately feel the heat eminating from the motor.My existing 24 volt Bosch (battery operated) did this effortlessly (which I have for 24 years). Ca, nt see my latest aquisation living up to its 24 volt cousins workload. Curious to know others views on it

Was this the drill that was recently on offer? Not sure of the exact model, but I've used a Bosch 'blue' 36V SDS and couldn't fault it, although I know a few people that have had various issues - mainly with the trigger.

I use a 36v bosch SDS that has anti vibration and you can really feel the difference >From what i have read .All site tools will need to be anti vibration soon and battery only ?

Kangos etc have rules about the use etc . Using a wrecking hammer/sds chisel without anti vibration sure causes problems .If you have not had issues, then you are lucky !

Id say I've some issues the amount of time I spent on them back in the day

They were a lot worse for vibration then and health and safety wasn't a priority either

Kangos etc have rules about the use etc . Using a wrecking hammer/sds chisel without anti vibration sure causes problems .If you have not had issues, then you are lucky !
Yet to come across a company who adheres to these rules. As an apprentice I spent 8 hours a day 5 days a week with a kango at times. Although I got used to it, it put me off domestic work forever.

Was this the drill that was recently on offer? Not sure of the exact model, but I've used a Bosch 'blue' 36V SDS and couldn't fault it, although I know a few people that have had various issues - mainly with the trigger.

Had to return a Bosch 18v SDS, had trigger issues from new

I've had my 36v Bosch for over 8 years now and it's been faultless, had to replace one battery but the other original one that came with it just keeps on going, so really can't fault mine it's more than paid for itself! In fact I still have my old Bosch blue gear and all of that is still working just the older style batteries that have stopped working! And the fact that apart from the 36v all my new stuff is Milwaukee!

I've had my 36v Bosch for over 8 years now and it's been faultless, had to replace one battery but the other original one that came with it just keeps on going, so really can't fault mine it's more than paid for itself! In fact I still have my old Bosch blue gear and all of that is still working just the older style batteries that have stopped working! And the fact that apart from the 36v all my new stuff is Milwaukee!
Same as me. All milwaukee but my 36v bosch. Its been brilliant except the charger going faulty but that is easily replaced.

I do like the old Bosch stuff it was great gear but Milwaukee is just mental, my Bosch angle grinder used to eat batteries but my Milwaukee will cut forever it seems without having to swap battery. I just need to get the recip, jigsaw and circular saw it oh and die grinder then I will have all my kit as Milwaukee! Oh and I really like the torque control on the impact driver too?

Little tip - copy and paste the product code from the Screwfix page/website/advert and punch it into Google, click on the shopping tab and if the only options to buy that particular model come up as Screwfix, Amazon and Ebay you may have a clue ?

Reply to 36volt Bosch "professional" in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net