Discuss 6/4 wire in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

we used to use green sleeve for earth wires, but that changed back in '70's. our earth sleeving is not heat shrink, just sleeving, available in different sizes,e.g. 2.0mm for smaller cables, with larger sizes readily available. comes as 100m lenghts.

I hate to tell you this but you said that the charger didn’t need a neutral so to stay in compliance with the NEC it needs to be taped green other than that good job
Hello Megawatt,

I am about to install NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge my wife Tesla very soon. I have some questions that I was posted here about 3 days ago but not sure why it did't show up yet.

I will run THHN 6 AWG wires into 3/4 in. conduit about 25 feet in the garage. The breaker box is out side the garage. My questions are

1. Can I use 10 AWG Solid SD Bare Copper Grounding Wire from the breaker to the outlet?

2. It will be around 1.5 feet of wires between the drywalls before getting into the garage, where can I get the sleeve that needed to cover those wires in side the drywall?

Best Regards,
Tony

Hello Megawatt,

I am about to install NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge my wife Tesla very soon. I have some questions that I was posted here about 3 days ago but not sure why it did't show up yet.

I will run THHN 6 AWG wires into 3/4 in. conduit about 25 feet in the garage. The breaker box is out side the garage. My questions are

1. Can I use 10 AWG Solid SD Bare Copper Grounding Wire from the breaker to the outlet?

2. It will be around 1.5 feet of wires between the drywalls before getting into the garage, where can I get the sleeve that needed to cover those wires in side the drywall?

Best Regards,
Tony
It is here in the American forum.

It is here in the American forum.
Thank you, Sir.

Hello Megawatt,

Best Regards,
Tony
Question #1 is yes you can detate your ground after you exceed 30 amps. Question #2 is just drill you a 1 inch hole through the wall and cut you a piece of 3/4 PVC conduit and tap it into the hole to sleeve the wires going through the wall. Good luck

Reply to 6/4 wire in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net