Discuss AEG Cheapness?????? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Does anyone know what is going on with AEG products at the minute? I have just bought a 18v cordless circular saw with 2 x 3.0a LI-Ion batteries and an 18v cordless jigsaw also with 2 x 3.0a LI-Ion batteries in cases with charger & bits etc for £200 WITH 3 YEAR WARRANTY.

They arrived the other day and after testing the circular saw find it more powerful and longer lasting than my 18v Bosch which I paid £380 for last year.

I have never seen AEG stuff used on sites before but must say for the price I am very chuffed.

Does anyone else use AEG?

Hey.

I had noticed the good deals on with AEG at the mo too. Basically AEG is milwaukee kit in disguise, as is Atlas-Copco. IMO Milwaukee is the dogs undercarriage which is why it is so expensive but you gets what you pays for.

I have an old AEG 18v drill dont use it anymore but theres nowt wrong wi it. Good kit just not as common as your bosch and dewalt but as good if not better.

Cheers Lenny, I was just a bit worried as it seemed too good to be true. I thought they must have got the details wrong and they would come with Ni-Cad or something but Li-Ion arrived.

Really happy with the quality.

Agree with Lenny, I have used AEG for few years(picked up at bargain prices of course) and they are as good as all the other makes

AEG and Milwaulkee are one and the same company, both are "TOP NOTCH" proffessional tools and last for years. Milwaulkee are a market leader in the U.S.A. !!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Some good bargains in the AEG range about at the moment on E-BAY from the States especially their impact 14.4v drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think you will regret it ActionJack, I have absolutly hammered my circular saw this week and it is solid. The batteries charge really fast and last well.

Was contemplating ordering an AEG BUS18X Sabre Saw for only £50 bare but am not sure what I would use it for in an electrical enviroment. I just want one:eek:

Hey chaps.

I've just splashed out on a new impact driver. I got the AEG 14.4V one with 2 x 3AH LI-ION batteries and charger in a case for £99.

Absolute bargain.:D

Reply to AEG Cheapness?????? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock